Sunday, March 24, 2019

Wow, OK

So, as I sit here in the computer lab it is Sunday night.


For March 24th, the weather is nice, a kind of almost foggy high 60's.

I only made a dollar last night after determining that the tourists were dominated by a huge group of non tippers and leaving after an hour.

I remembered times that I stayed out after only making a dollar the first hour and wound up coming home with a lot of cash; but, I was struggling with my emotions and revisited by the "you bunch of non tipping pieces of shit!" mentality that I thought I had seen the last of long ago.

I have gotten a couple new computer books, in AJAX and PHP and MySQL...they were 50 cents each at the Goodwill.
I just saw the bike that was stolen two stolen bikes ago in the rack outside the building. It had been poorly disguised and bore certain tell-tale signs, as in things that I had done to the thing that were unique. It has a flat rear tire and no lock securing it. It is almost as if the thief is done with it and giving it back. Or, perhaps he stole it from the person he sold it to after stealing it from me.

I made 25 bucks Friday night, before making the dollar, and was able to pay Jacob some to defray the cost of the kratom that he has been leaving at my place.

I have big things planned, but find myself constantly running up against the clock when it is time to busk; like right now.

My food stamps, which had been shut off the day a letter came warning me that they would be shut off were I not to respond to itself the previous day, have finally been restored.

The lady had told me that it would take "7 to 21" days for them to turn them back on. I waited the whole 21 days before going to the office to learn that they had never been properly dealt with and would have never come back on had I not gone down there.

That exact scenario crossed my mind, but I was kind of trying to float myself off of my busking income to include food, knowing that I was ultimately just saving the food stamp money as if it were in a bank.
So, I got the 192 bucks with only half a month to go before getting another installment.

I didn't rush out to get food right away and, in fact, considered going on a long fast. I probably should have because after emerging from the Dollar General with just about as much food as I can carry on my bike, after having gone in there for "one or two things," I kind of overate last night. Peanut butter and Coco Roos cereal in coconut milk with a side order of Cliff Bars smeared in more peanut butter and....it just got worse. I lay there in the morning, along with Harold the cat, who had also overeaten, and we slept it off, until I got up around 6 PM, called my mother because I hadn't in a couple months, and then came here where it is almost 11 PM.

I have new guitar strings, courtesey of Bobby in Building C, and am ready to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.