Saturday, June 15, 2019

What's Been Keeping Me


I've been recording myself using my phone at the end of a selfie stick; so that the phone is about a foot in front of my mouth.

 But, the recordings are good to have as a pretty objective reference as to exactly how I sound.

And somewhere in the middle can be heard the rub board player who is world famous up and down Bourbon Street, having been spotted at some point in the movie "Interview With A Vampire" (I believe is what he say's; but maybe you have seen that movie like six times, and there's no rub board player on Bourbon Street in it).

The sound clip at the top (if still there) is named for a certain young lady, who gave me all of her change, as heard at the start and end of it

I will probably use these things just for inspiration, in that I will be able to accumulate verses that I make up on the fly and conglomerate them into additional choruses on songs.

As far as the future is concerned, I would really like this blog to eventually branch into maybe 3 main sections, which would be music, kratom and stories, perhaps.
The kratom thing would be cool if I could become like the administrator over a world-wide kratom related group of people.
But, I would like to have it become, through the story section, eventually a whole autobiography, as I cement together the stories into chronological order, type of thing..

4 comments:

  1. There was an HBO series called Treme, that was about the few years after New Orleans was recovering from Hurricane Katrina. There's a rub board player who shows up in that from time to time. I wonder if he meant he was in there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I think he referred to "that movie" that was filmed here, I guess; He got to say something to a famous actress, like "Happy Mardi Gras"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I remember that from Treme. Big or big-ish black guy right? Plays with Kermit Ruffins?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @alex; Now you've got me curious and I will ask rub board man the next time I see him what he is world famous around our block for...

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.