Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Busy, Buzzy, Busy

Another iron in the fire...
With all the irons that I have in the fire, I came to a realization this morning, when I found myself reading very dry technical discussions about the latest "vulnerability" found in the Linux operating system.

It almost seems like, to get ahead in this world, one must become highly specialized, and an expert in some very refined niche, and gain some prominence that way.

Leave it to some other highly specialized individual to understand how a hacker could exploit something that is within the 4.1 million pages of code that comprises the latest release of Linux.

I really would love to be the type of expert who could write applications for my smartphone and then run them over wi-fi, using my home computer as a server, perhaps inventing some interesting game to be played on smartphones.
But, then again, I would really like to start using the MuseScore application that I have to compose string and horn sections to go with music that I have recorded.
And, I want to eventually read all 200 or so books that I have laying around the apartment.
And I want to learn Amharic, the language that the Ethiopian guys who work at The Unique Grocery speak.
And, to improve my Spanish.
But, I have also begun work on another huge pencil drawing.
And, I want to record all the songs in the Mel Bay Modern Guitar Method books, either on video or audio.
Which makes me think: Why stop there; why not record them all and place them upon a website devoted to my "business" as a guitar instructor ("where Mel is the way!" or something) and use that to sign up local students at 20 bucks an hour.
And, well, it threatens to be overwhelming and confusing.
All I can do is try to stay in the present moment...and to just quit smoking marijuana, yeah, that too...

2 comments:

  1. I see you suffering from the same thing "Recorder" Ron suffers from; he wants to do a million things with the end result that he gets nothing done. He wants to do: Bagpipes, metal etching, electric motors for bikes, yadda yadda. Now, I suffer from this too, and need to pick ONE THING and just do that. I mean, I guess, ONE THING in addition to all the ebay bullshit I have to do to keep this sweet(?) warehouse and $300 a week.

    In your case, if you have the ability, playing all the Mel Bay material and putting it onto YouTube would be a good idea, unless some hotshot has already done it and I'd be very surprised if someone hasn't.

    I'd say, capitalize on your being in New Orleans. Tons of people dream of being in New Orleans, being a street musician, free as a bird. Talk about your experiences, notable characters, only-in-New-Orleans type experiences, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alex Oh! And to put an electric motor on my bike; thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.