Friday, September 11, 2020

Protest Songs

 I haven't made my nightly run to any store. I was just putting on my sneakers in order to go do so when I heard raindrops pelting my window and the sibilant sound of tires on wet asphalt on Canal Street.

I guess that means that people walking along the sidewalk can hear my guitar amp when I'm doing my music; that would explain the glances I sometimes get through the window.

Being the cynic that I am; I always envision them thinking that there might be a party going on with a live band and maybe they could crash it in order to skeeze beer, weed, girls etc.

But, the rain has stopped now, and I have 20 minutes to get down to The Fresh Market, where I will most likely get a decent but cheap bottle of red wine.

I have a pork roast in the oven at 240 degrees, and will make a good veggie juice drink to go with it; and red wine will be divine with it.

I have gone a whole 18 hours without drinking.

I think the problem is my resiliency. I feel so damned good after I do prune juice, take the morning dump, and then drink only kratom and tea and carrot/apple/kale juice the whole day, that the recovery is marked, and I feel bullet proof.

Now I have 17 minutes...later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.