Monday, March 1, 2021

I'm Joining The Bikers

I finally found myself situated with a little bit of cash in my pocket, and so I grabbed the flat back tire from the red bike


and carried it with me down to the Brown Derby, where I bought a 20 ounce bag of green Maeng Da kratom and got a dollar in quarters back for the air machine.

It's the same tube and tire that I used to have to put air in every couple days, as it had the slowest leak that I have ever encountered; it would be just a little softer each day.

And that has been what has kept me from putting 4 good quarters worth of air into it every couple days, feeling like I was wasting air and money.

But, the time saved by riding it has to be factored in, and so I am really saving probably 45 minutes of walking every couple days, for the price of putting air in the tire.

And, not knowing whether the tube was the problem, or if the tire itself had some kind of sharp spot in it that I couldn't detect by running my fingers around its inside, but was enough to put pinholes in any tube that I might spend 7 bucks for as a replacement. I couldn't get any air bubble to escape after immersing the tube in water and squeezing it, so, I am back to bike riding and monitoring the hardness of the tire every morning.

It may just be that I bought 2 defective tubes in a row and I'm bound to get a better one, now that another lot of them has probably arrived at Walmart.

It will be good to ride a bike, so as to change the dynamic of my traveling around, as the past 7 weeks or so that I have been walking everywhere has given any mugger out there the establishment of some kind of pattern.

I'm aware that alcohol is detrimental to a person and can reek wholesale havoc on a person's life, but walking to the store at 3 a.m. to get it, and being an easy target that way doesn't help matters.

At least on a bike you can reach speeds unattainable by a skeezer on foot, who can only yell something like: "Hey, do you want a free cigarette?" to try to get you to stop, before you fly by at 20 miles per hour, and proceed out of his life.

No worries that a guy a few paces behind you might be following you, when you are riding your bike everywhere.

I also got some super glue for the eyeglasses that have had the temples attached by Scotch tape the past few weeks, out of my forgetfulness over getting the glue, behind the idea that I might run into someone who has some and could spare me a couple drops. That didn't seem to be materializing, so I plunked down $3.50 for a whole bottle of the stuff; and now I guess I can go crazy, gluing stuff together around the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.