Wednesday, June 30, 2021

I've Been Up Only 12 Hours

 ...but before that, I was up for a full 30 hours, and so I am tired.

I had to go back and delete stuff from yesterday's post yet again. As cathartic as it might have been, who wants to read the angry rants of a guy with a bottle of Jose Cuervo Gold and a keyboard?

I bought the stuff to start another juice fast. Monday's only lasted less than a day, before I went out and got alcohol.

This has really diminished the quality of my life, so that I am not even enjoying writing on this blog that much...

Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings, I guess...

I abused myself yesterday; there's no other way to put it. After the tequila hit me I became ravenously hungry; I took a frying pan out of the fridge that contained the broth from a beef shank soup bone that I had soaked in vinegar then simmered for a long time on low heat to turn the marrow gelatinous. I put it on the stove on medium heat and then after the water was almost boiling, poured about a half container of liquid egg whites into it, so it coagulated.

While this was happening, I was also watching the highlights of the hockey game between the Montreal Canadiens and the Tampa Bay lightning.

The Canadiens are kind of a Cinderella story; they started out like wildfire, then something went wrong and they had to fire their coach mid season; then they had a bunch of injuries, and then they had to play something like 25 games in a short span in order to make up for ones missed due to Covid 19. But, then, everything fell back in place towards the very end of the season for them, as one player after another came back from injury, with each one surpassing expectations grandly, as if each one had been a missing link throughout the season. They were ranked 18th among all the teams, statistically over the course of the whole season, and just squeaked into the playoffs after finishing 3rd in what was considered the weakest division in hockey. But, they went into the playoffs playing like wildfire; the way they had started.

I know all that because a fan of theirs in Canada was happy to take the time to explain it all to me, after I made the comment of: "Wow, who would have thought the habs...why didn't they win more games during the season, the way they're playing?"

I think that is cool that a guy is such a fan that he was willing to fill me in. I only rarely get a game on free TV; and am not up to paying $69 a month for Youtube TV; which would give me access to tons of things that I don't plan upon having time for.

I am thinking of becoming a Patreon subscriber to Michelle Webber's art tutorial website. She specializes in watercolors and, I have enjoyed the little bit of messing around that I have done with them, and they are cheap. That would leave even less time for watching a ton of stuff on Youtube TV, and plus I would have to pay for the data to keep my hotspot streaming so much every day so as to make Youtube TV worth it at $69 bucks a month.

If I want to produce anything of substance in a music video some day, then some other things will have to go. Alcohol consumption tops the list; with staying up all night watching old John Wayne movies on free TV not far behind. What to leave in; what to leave out? -to quote Bob Seger from the song "Against The Wind," which is yet another song that would take me less than a half hour to learn, that I haven't learned.

"Work hard, or work smart" is an adage that has a lot of wisdom to it. I can save a lot of time by learning songs that I have sung along to on the radio when I was younger and had a better memory. I might as well take advantage of having been able to put certain albums on in my youth and sing along, knowing "every word." They would be the easiest ones to add to the repertoire just by learning the guitar part..

Although, yesterday I discovered that, my whole life, I have been singing the wrong words to a Joni Mitchell song.

They played "Free Man In Paris" in heavy rotation on AM radio, back when it came out, and throughout the whole decade of the 1970's, actually.

I thought she was singing: "I was aggrieved and embarrassed, I felt un-feminine-like (nobody was calling me up for favors, and no one's future to decide).

But it is actually: "I was a free man in Paris; I felt unfettered and alive.."

I guess it threw me as a teen, because I wasn't considering that she might be calling herself a free "man" in Paris (...she can't be singing that, I thought...).

But, having sung "Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round The 'Ol Oak Tree," by Tony Orlando and Dawn with every word intact at least as many times as there were ribbons around the namesake tree in the last verse; I might as well add it to the song list. I would just have to pick the 4 chords out by ear and memory.

Making the song list -one more thing on my to-do list (which I haven't gotten around to making yet).

5th Flat Tire

The tire on the bike has gone flat again, for the 5th time; and in the same manner of holding air for 2 days, then slowly deflating on the 3rd day.

I'm going to buy a new tire for it. I believe the one in it is malformed and allows a thin strip of the tube to protrude between it and the wheel, where it becomes pinched with every rotation. This takes 3 days of riding to happen. That's my theory.

I looked at "burner" phones today at the Family Dollar. For 20 bucks, I can buy one, and I won't even have to use it; just its phone number, to use for opening another Google Account.

Then, I will be able to ditch the past, as Google will see me as a brand new person; with no shadow ban worthy offenses on my record.

The last music video I made had a very positive message; it is that the children are our future, and that after the oldest generation now living passes away; their ingrained racist beliefs could go to the grave with them.

But, I used clips of a little white girl dancing with a little black boy, culled off of an episode of Dance Moms, that I actually paid $3.99 to rent; my first and only purchase made from Youtube.

The show actually airs on one of the free channels I get through my rabbit ear equipped TV, but I had to get it streamed in order to get it onto my hard drive, so I could edit it and use it in the video.

The idea came to me when I had both my FM radio and my TV on.

The guy ranting about Jim Crow and accusing the host of promoting racism on the call-in radio show was ranting away, when I looked over at the TV to see that Dance Moms had come on after whatever reality type show I might have been watching, and there were the two kids of different colors dancing together. They may have been 8 years old.

"T.J." from "The 9th Ward" (in East New Orleans) who was berating the call-in show's host, I pictured as being just like the older black men who live here at Sacred Heart, who seem to have all gotten their beliefs from wherever T.J. did.

"White supremacists are practicing Jim Crow!" is a common topic of discussion which can be overheard by the old guys here. But there were the little kids, holding hands and dancing together on the TV, and it occurred to me they, and not T.J. are "the future."

But, artistic considerations notwithstanding, the Youtube algorithm flagged the video somehow, (due to the presence of children in leotards?) and that became one more brick in the wall, towards me being shadow banned.

Comments were disabled on the video, as is Youtube's policy, I learned too late, after spending 80 hours putting the thing together. If a human being made that decision, it was only after a quick fast forward through the thing. I'm sure nobody watched it in order to glean the "message" of it.

There are things that can't be done in any context at all on Youtube, or Facebook and whatever else is owned by the stewards of cancel culture.

Some person, I forget the details, lost his job because he used the "N" word in quoting someone else ("No, the guy said [n-word] I heard him clear as day!" type of thing). Some things can't be used in any context at all; or user gets cancelled. Disappeared from search results, fired from their jobs even after apologizing -grovelling for nothing, it turns out- and having their lives destroyed in many cases. Homeless and living in their car, along with their families, because of a "gotcha" that some sanctimonious millenial was quick to pounce upon...

But, the solution, for me at least, will be to get a $19 phone and use its number to open a new Google account.

Then, I will be able to build back a readership using (trolling) headlines on blog posts, such as I see some startup "news" organizations doing.

"Biden Fires Kamala Harris After Border Debacle" is a typical one they might use, which gets them clicks in the tens of thousands, along with the advertising revenue and all that, which comes along with that kind of traffic.

The video that plays when you click is usually just an edited out excerpt from a longer NewsMax video. Apparently the type of person that would be dying to read the details of Kamala's canning, will stick around and watch the NewsMax stuff anyways, and see the ads, even though, incidentally, there is nothing about the next-in-line being fired. There must be some arrangement between them and NewsMax, whereby it is alright with the latter, maybe because it is getting their stuff "out there" albeit through guile and deception; maybe they have to share the ad revenue.

What I have to figure out is whether I can just import this whole blog into the new account, which hasn't been flagged, or if that content will get flagged retroactively. I suppose I could just do a search for the "n" word and then remove it from wherever it might appear in this blog, over the past 12 years...

To tired to think about it now; that's why I didn't buy the phone earlier. I'll do it when well rested. Speaking of which; goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.