Friday, July 30, 2021

A Snowball's Chance

 

It's a Friday morning; the sun is rising. I just let Harold in.

This is a little later than he is used to, as I have maintained the schedule of feeding him when I used to get back from busking, around 2 a.m.

I have a new Snowball microphone on the way, to go with the stuff that will hopefully amplify me at the Lilly Pad.

I then need to do a couple hour run through of a rehearsal with the stuff, and this is where I must add at least a half dozen new songs, to keep it interesting.

Other than that, it is Friday morning; pretty early. I might to a meditation to one of the self help dialogues that came with the "Awaken The Genius Within" type book that I got about 3 years ago.

It corroborates with a lot of what "The Secret" has to say, especially in the area of keeping a specific goal in sight; kind of like keeping your focus on the summit of the mountain you are climbing, even thought there will be times when you are hacking your way through thorny bushes and you might lose sight of it; maybe clouds are blocking it out; but it is still there, and you will naturally get there, by not even paying much attention to the thorny bushes. The "secret" is that, by complaining about them, you are making it so they are just going to become thicker as you hack and complain away.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.