Thursday, July 29, 2021

You Can Always Get A New Phone

Living Life One Thought At A Time

So, I've finally ordered the parts to make my portable voice/harmonica microphone work with the Yamaha portable amp.


Having that new toy of an amplifier should give me just enough to get excited about in order to motivate me to busk.

On the vaccine thing, I am thinking about seeing if I can get vaccinated enough times to make the Guiness Book of World Records. I was imagining my refrigerator covered with the little certificates that they give you to prove that you are vaccinated.

I hope they don't mark your name off of some list so that the computer would flag you if you just went around to all the vaccinating places (ate the free hot dog, was entered in a lottery to win a million bucks, drank the free shot of liquor...).

Now that I think of it, they probably have some way of keeping track...

But, on the other hand, requiring ID to get vaccinated would make the vaccine as racist as Jim Eagle on steroids. That would throw a hurdle in front of the man of color who might not have a Kinko's in his little town; and might not even have broadband Internet; that would be murder; they would be suppressing the rights of minorities to avail themselves to the life-saving injection.

So, they therefore would have to use some independent database to keep track of people; frankly because they don't want to see the same guy showing up 5 times a day to get the shot, and get the shot (of whiskey). "Hey, buddy, you already got yours; this morning; remember?"

That would motivate me. Getting over a hundred doses of the thing. "Man holds record for most times vaccinated..." I guess if you just visualize yourself as being famous; the universe will align itself to that end; and something will come your way. I wonder if there's a guy somewhere who already has over a hundred; but isn't going public with his collection of proof cards yet; because that would make it hard for him to keep getting shots, having his face so known...

I went ahead and ordered a pre amp which is portable; it is made for boosting the volume of headphone, way up over what you would get by just plugging some into your phone. But, it should boost the weak signal of the 90 dollar headset microphone that I'm already invested in.

The Next Piece of Music

For the next piece of music, I am listening almost exclusively to "American Roots" music. This is not unlike Hank Williams singing "Hey Good Lookin' (What 'Cha Got Cookin'?) but it is also kind of where a lot of music sprang forth from.

For example, that famous old scratchy 78 RPM sounding recording of "Franky And Johnny" where I think the guy shoots his wife because she was "doing him wrong." After listening to that a few times along with the rest of the CD that was on repeat; I could hear how some of the melodic sense of that song was passed down through the next couple of decades; and how some entire songs were kind of just "Franky And Johnny" with different words and melody.

I guess record producers back then fell into the same pattern of trying the find "the next (name of hugely successful artist here). So some guy who spent his youth learning every Hank Williams song on the guitar and even tried to sing like him might get a chance to record in a studio because "he might be the next Hank Williams." type of thing.

I am focused upon learning every Hank Williams song note for note on the guitar myself right now, come to think of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.