Sunday, October 24, 2021

Blog Dug Up

An SMD Record

Above are the "stats" which show that the previous post almost matched the entire last month's level of viewership, setting a record if you were to throw out the one post that got over 4 thousand views, due to what I believe was a software glitch
That glitch had to do with the fact that, were you to search for an image back then, using a search term, Google would show you a screen full of images that had been "tagged" with that term. Then if you clicked on one of the images (to see it enlarged, or to download it) you would be redirected automatically to the website that it originated from.
These days, Google will enlarge the image for you and give you a chance to download it, but will have a separate "visit site" button, and you won't be automatically redirected. It will be your choice whether or not you want to see where the picture came from and, more importantly, in what context it was born in. At least that is my (constantly evolving) understanding of it.

Every Rose Has Its Thorn

This could be a double edged sword, in that, for every new constant reader that I might pick up; there might be some woke clown from the cancel culture who might push to have SMD cancelled, like it was in 2009.

. "SMD" stands for "street musician Daniel," btw...
with "btw" standing for "by the way," by the way...

The "irony" (and many people use that term incorrectly, btw) is that people on Youtube videos that have been sanctioned and approved by that "neutral" video hosting platform) aren't even "allowed" to use certain words, like pedophile, substituting "word we can't say" in place of them. 

It is ironic because, since this blog has been shadow banned by the Google algorithm, hidden from non subscribed users, I can now kind of say anything I want without my posts being taken down, because the algorithm probably figures: nobody is going to find this blog, so what harm can come? Let him say whatever he wants because we will hide it from search results He can further radicalize his readers; they are incorrigible.

Nobody except for his mother, and an small enclave of people who follow the blog will see the word.

These SMD readers are all over 50 and, like the proverbial dogs, will never be able to learn the new trick of being woke. Let them have at it. The way they think and feel will go to the grave with them in short order.

This recent spike in traffic, I believe, is a byproduct of comments that I have made on a few sites that garner millions of views per day; comments that prompted individuals to wonder "who is this guy?" and then learned about this blog, by clicking on the little avatar attached to the comments, and then were able to dig me up.

I have been actively going back to edit out stuff that I wrote during the heavy drinking periods of my life. This goes hand in hand with a "ten years ago today" feature that I am thinking of including as part of the program here. Sometimes I am surprised by the level of animosity and rage that is exhibited in these 10 year old posts. (gosh, I hope the words "10 year old" makes it through without causing a flag to pop up somewhere.

Speaking of which, or apropos to anything and everything that is written here, Bourbon Street is once again hopping, and I must, I must, I must increase my busk(ing).

If you are looking to have sex with a child, look for a girl just off that iconic street who has one of her shoes off with her naked foot extended forward a bit, like she is trying to thumb a ride with it. She will be standing with someone who is ostensibly her mother, notwithstanding her having zero physical resemblance to her, in a lot of cases. They would have just become homeless and would be just looking for a place where the girl can take a hot bath... But, I digress, and don't ask me how I know this. 

Listography

My latest obsession has been the listography site which is run by 3 guys who compile lists of things, like ranking a certain bands albums from best to worst. This is entirely opinion based and thus is a great trolling mechanism for them.

Who can refrain from putting in their 2 cents after seeing their favorite band's albums ranked in this way?

One of them thought the Beatles white album was inferior and ranked it below Rubber Soul, for example, while another of them put it at number one, ahead of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band."

Their website has made me want to listen to every album by bands like Yes, for example, and I am now in the process of listening to all of Bruce Springsteen's work, which is turning me into a huge fan of "the boss." 

In many cases I have found that I had been dissuaded from liking certain groups, because of the handful of songs that got played on FM radio.

But it has been comments that I have made -some of them being more like short stories than short comments- that have had people searching me out from where even Google can't hide me, and finding this blog. The one I left on "Aerosmith Albums Ranked From Best To Worst" was particularly popular with boomers like myself who were 10 years old when that band debuted, all the way down to the generation that was 10 years old when "Tell Me What It Takes (to let you go)" was climbing the charts.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.