Monday, November 29, 2021

The Trash And The Shell Casings

 Pathetic

I saw this living statue guy when I first looked through the webcam and he was the only thing in the street. He was holding perfectly still; for nobody.

I was hoping that he isn't a desperate addict who needs to do the living statue thing on a 56 degree Monday night, just so he won't have the shakes in the morning from lack of alcohol. Terrible thing for a living statue; the shakes...that could make him work unsteady, for sure.

Then, I saw this group of 4 people walking towards the corner. I saw them look the way of the living statue; and not give him even a dollar.

I typically give the living statues at least a dollar, if I make at least 34 dollars, myself (35 minus a dollar for the statue). They usually say "thank you" without even moving their mouths...


Then, in the time it took me to load up for another screen shot, the above was the scene. The poor living statue had been moved by indifference to pick up his bucket and make that lonely walk home; where he hopefully lives alone and not with some roommate who might be in the habit of skeezing cigarettes off the guy, who is going to belittle him, and maybe try to shame him into finding a new profession.

And I hope a fight doesn't break out after the living statue tells the roommate: "I don't see you going out there and standing perfectly still for 3 hours; but you can sit for 3 hours on the couch, watching TV and running up the electric bill! And, where's the rest of that pizza I left in the fridge?!" type of thing...

Tourists know enough to stay away from New Orleans during the Grambling vs. Southern University football weekend. So, after those students leave, there are never any other tourists in town; Just a few crews, sweeping up the trash and the shell casings, getting the place ready to go back to normal next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.