Friday, December 31, 2021

Computer Geek Blues (live from Lilly Pad)

I was messing around with this audio file that Jacob sent me from when we played Christmas Eve at the Lilly Pad.

"Computer Geek Blues" is about a fictitious computer geek who is going to be from Walnut Creek from now on, even though in this version of the song, he is from Fountain Valley, California.

He steals a fictitious girlfriend from a fictitious guy; and the song attempts to describe how that would go down...

Time crept along until it was midnight when I arrived at the playing spot; without the amp and microphone, just the spotlight.

I made 32 bucks in right around 80 minutes of playing.

It was good to know that I can make money playing without the amp; people just stand a little closer.

I have all kinds of ideas about what kind of songs to add to my list; I've been limiting them to a few keys that match the harmonicas. A really good player can get something like 5 different keys out of a harmonica.

Well, I've been up all night after getting home; and before I know it, it will be time to go back out; this time with fresh batteries in the amp and the spotlight; and hopefully a brand new song. I have just about learned "Half A Person," by The Smiths.

If I was smart, I would find all the songs I can that have harmonica in them; maybe by Googling; "which songs use a D major harmonica?"

I'm pretty sure "Heart of Gold," by Neil Young does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.