Monday, January 31, 2022

A Warm Monday Through Thursday

  • 4 Days of Warmth
  • Ears Ringing Lately

There is going to be a 4 day window of opportunity to go out and busk in temperatures in the 60's and even 70's. Unfortunately that will be over the slower days of the week; but this will be offset by the increased numbers of people coming in for the Mardi Gras so that a Monday might be more like a Thursday.

Last night, I might have just as well stayed in because there weren't many people out; and I only managed a can of cat food and a shot of vodka before returning home. I found a fresh cigar, still in the pack, laying on the ground and I had been primed before going out by the guy in A 107 who passed me his gallon of vodka a few times while I played a couple songs on the guitar and harmonica. 

He said he is ashamed of the mess in his place, which had clothing littering the floor but not much other clutter, and that is why he had never invited me in before. 

The guy who lives above him went through a phase where he was flooding his apartment by plugging up his toilet and then flushing it repeatedly until he had about 6 inches of standing water in the place. This was done in protest of something; and is something that prisoners have been known to do in jails when they are locked in their cells for some reason and don't want to be. They will "punish" the jail staff by flooding the whole floor.

But A 107 suffered from water dripping down through light fixtures and vents and various other places; which soaked all the clothing that was strewn everywhere and I guess he hasn't recovered from that yet. It would involve several trips to the washers and driers and probably about 30 bucks in cash to remedy.

Other than that, I am off to search online for why my ears might be ringing lately. I had thought it was a high pitched sound coming from my TV or the desktop computer that I leave on (which is only providing a slide show of pictures) or my laptop, which I leave on. But the ringing persists even when I go outside. It is low enough so that I'm not aware of it most of the time; but, once I start to think about it; I can hear it. I'm hoping it's just from the 500 mg. of caffeine that I get on a normal day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.