Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Did I Mention That I'm Becoming A Marxist?

More Light Shed On Eviction Matter

This morning, my phone rang, and it was the lady from the Lantern Light Mission; who asked me a few questions about my living situation, and, without divulging too much of my theory that crazy left wing sheep are conspiring to get me tossed out of Sacred Heart, as a domestic terrorist and "natural immunist," I was able to explain it to her satisfaction; and she said that, since this is a one time "thing," and that I won't become a future thorn in their side every time I have a bad month busking, type of thing; they will be able to pay off the amount that had accrued, behind my back as it was...

So, that gives me a sense of relief, since I think it will be harder for them to cancel me for "giving music lessons," in my apartment; as per the new addition to the lease I signed. They would have to station an agent outside the door to ask people if they learned anything musical from me while they were hanging out, and then subpoena them to a hearing somewhere..

I Learn Something Musical

After I was auto-directed, by the Youtube algorithm, in this universe where there are no accidents, and everything happens for a reason, to a video by economist Richard Wolff, which was from a talk he had given in 2010, and was so fascinating that I just had to see if I could find a more recent one of him -to see if he was still tooting the same horn after all that has transpired in the last 10 years- and wound up watching a lot of his stuff, including some done as recently as a month ago.

When he told an audience about his degrees in Economics from Harvard, Stanford and Yale; and how, throughout all the hours of lectures he absorbed in all those hallowed halls; never once, was Karl Marx ever referred to by any of his professors in regards to his theories being even worth considering.


He said that this was because of the "fear" that those professors harbored. 

And that apparent attempt at cancelling the guy had the opposite effect, as usual, of making me curious about the guy.



Left: I might not be great with names, but I hardly forget a face.

I knew I'd seen Karl before; I'm already a big fan and have watched a few of his Youtube videos. I find him to be quite entertaining, kind of a folk musician; good singer...

I wouldn't have guessed that his is also an author.

I guess I'll start with his "Communist Manifesto" -the one that came up at the top of search results.


I can tell by some of his lyrics that he's kind of into political issues; so the title of his book doesn't surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.