Friday, January 27, 2023

Why So Little Production, Lately?

I've gone back to writing poetry, rather than writing musical passages and then trying to fit lyrics to them. This is one approach to writing songs. I will probably combine this with just fidgeting around with different chords while humming melodies that come to mind with the intent of fitting actual language in place of the humming later.

Other than that, I am working on a way to be more productive, which would mean being sober and following healthy practices which might extend to jogging a mile every morning to the outdoor gym which is along the bike trail about a mile from here, doing a workout and then jogging back; basically going back to a lifestyle that I adhered to when I was, say, 36 years old and in better shape than I had been at 22.

It's going to be a long climb and the immediate obstacle is to find a way to fall asleep in the next hour or so, so as to get to the plasma place and make 40 bucks and then recover from that in time to go out and busk at night, as the Mardi Gras season is approaching with its traditional 90 dollar nights just for basically being there and doing something for any 3 given hours during it.

So, here is something on this blog to prove I'm alive; and now to some poetry; and perhaps the ingestion of some sleeping pills that my friend Bobby gave me about 2 years ago now; back when I was sometimes depressed enough to want to swallow all of them at once; something that worrying over the well being of Harold the cat gave me pause from doing, as I recall.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.