Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Artist's Date 1


In the Artist's Way book by Julia Cameron she wasn't kidding about the "artist date" being something that you will I not always be in the mood for,  when the time comes...

But it is "non-negotiable."

It's literally taking the artist within out to do something -just the two of you.

My first one is to Bayou St. John.

I/we are going to sit under a tree and play the guitar that has four strings.

I'm leaving only 4 strings on it and approaching it like it was a banjo or a cello, to try to gain a new perspective on music through not having the bottom four strings to have to either do something with, or avoid.

The tree I have sat under before is already being sat under by three people with little chairs and a cooler.

I'll just go down a couple more trees. This does feel like a waste of time, as Julia said it sometimes would. I could probably do the very same thing in the quarter and make a few bucks.

The next tree was a fire ant fest, with hills around the trees and swarms of them all over a Popeye's Chicken box.




This tree has no ants, just a ferret or possum hole...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, to me are like deflated helium balloons with notes tied to them, found on my back porch in the morning...