Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Let There Be Bike

Street Musician Daniel

(where words I've never used before are green!)

Tuesday, August 18, 2026


Here I sit  with the universe all around me and inside me, so that the thin membrane in between is all that I am..

If you had  a powerful enough microscope you would see the same thing as you do when you look out into space; the atoms in our bodies spaced as relatively far apart from each other as the stars out there, and us being mostly space, 99% nothing; yet held together by the energy which connects us..

I lost my  phone. I think I threw it away, when I was in the moment and not thinking. Just threw it, along with a pen which had run out of ink, into a trash can, which "of course' got emptied; just hours later...

So, without a  phone, I have been reaching for a vacant spot on the couch at times when I think of something and want more information.

Or, like last  night when I was in the mood to check out a live Peter Frampton performance, one which wasn't the one where he "comes alive", like a Frankenstein creation, back in 1977...and I went to grab nothing off the couch, yet again...

Tuesday, August 18th... 

I woke up  at 4, my rent is due tomorrow, and, on my way back from the Shell, where I mixed what I call a "tequila mockingbird," out of tequila and Monster Zero Energy, I found a lamp amongst other debris of eviction in front of a house. I grabbed it, in order to give it to a guy who sits in the lobby at Sacred Heart in a wheel chair type device.

The other night  I had found some light bulbs in the dumpster, one of which was still screwed into a lamp that had had damage inflicted upon it, obvious by the way it had been snapped in half and was laying at right angles to itself.


The guy who  always sits in the lobby saw the light bulbs and after I told him I had found them, he told me that he needed to have more light in his apartment, maybe the reason he hangs out in the lobby -to get out of a dark dungeon of an apartment- and I made a mental note to grab any lamp I encountered in the near future for him.

I did.

I was carrying  it from one pile of eviction to the next, where sat a guy named Joe, who was looking through the stuff.

"I hate to  see anyone get evicted," I said.

"To turn their  misfortune into an opportunity to grab free stuff..."

Matt was sitting  on an electric bike which he offered to sell to me for $175 (they go for about $1,000 new).

So, he is  running back to his house right now, to get the charger for it, along with a Moto G phone that might be part of the deal, depending upon what light a balance inquiry of my account sheds...

So, yeah, the  Law of Attraction -and the two things I should have already been feeling grateful for, and must have been, to a degree satisfactory to the Universe, as, they were already on the way. (but only because I had been thinking charitable thoughts about lugging a tall lamp, with a 5 foot stem on it, for about a quarter of a mile, just to give it to a large black man, who has already had one foot amputated, as he poo-pooed the 'sardine fast' that I had told him about a while back, but I diverge...).


In other news,  I am doing 'the morning pages' on this laptop (right now, I guess, sort of) instead of with pen and pad, as prescribed by Julia Cameron in "The Artist's Way."

I'm sure she  would say this is a less 'effective' strategy, and maybe point to the removal of oneself from screens and technology as being one of the main points of the exercise.

I always thought  it was to connect a persons hand to her brain. From stream of consciousness musings through the muscles of the hands and onto the page has its counterpart in musical improvisation...


But, am about
  to go try to get 200 bucks out of the ATM so I can buy the electric bike (and if, later, I feel like pedaling is the way to go, I suppose I wouldn't have much trouble getting my 175 back through Facebook Marketplace).

You have just read 704 words

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, to me are like deflated balloons with notes tied to them, found on my back porch in the morning...