Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 3: My Mobile Home


I Find A Spot To Play
I took a shower yesterday afternoon, at the Salvation Army, and then ate there, at about 4 pm. The meal was heavy and laden with fat and salt, overall. There were stuffed green bell peppers, which were delicious and reminded me of the gwumpkies that my grandmother used to make, though she used cabbage instead of bell peppers, and we didn't have to eat them at a table surrounded by niggers (LOL! just kidding)
The meal made me sluggish and sleepy and lazy and groggy.
I went down to Cooper Riverside Park and had a beer, while preparing to play on this Thursday night. It was only about 6 pm.
My new friend, Alan was drunk and decided to dive head-first into the bay. I felt like I had to stay around and watch him, to make sure the currents didn't take him into the gulf of Mexico, where all the oil is. This wasted time.
I finally made it out onto Dauphin Street, where the crowds seemed to have thinned, while I was life guarding. It was about 8:30. I walked around in a huge circle, looking at all the storefronts and snapping my finger and clapping my hands, in order to check the acoustics.
I was almost settled upon a spot in front of a jewelry store, or a spot directly across the street from it, but, further down on that side of the road was a place with a long corridor type of entrance, which started out wide and angled in to the door, recessed at least 25 feet. The sound of a clap echoed back in about 150 milliseconds, in my estimation. It was so awesome that I sat and tested it out, even though there were not many people about at that time.
It sounded excellent, and one of the few people tipped me a buck. I could sense that the rest of them would have, if not for the fact that the bankers have ruined us, and we will soon be the New Greece.
Tonight Is The Night
Tonight, I will sit there at the place, which Say's "New York Hi Style" above the entrance. I should start at 6, after they close for business. This will determine my fate here. If I can't do well, I might as well hitch hike out of here. First, I will avail myself of the "services for the homeless."
Upgrade To D+
There is a place which will replace my glasses for me, called Homeless Medical Services, or something. The food stamp place just told me to have a paper signed by the Salvation Army people, (no 2 proofs of residence, like Florida) and they can restart my food card.
The Salvation Army people told me to go there on the 10th of the month, and they would even pay for the ID, out of their budget.
I am upgrading Mobile, Alabama to a: D+

Someone said that the fumes from the oil, which is being heated by the sun are going to blow onshore and deprive us of oxegen. Then, we may all be brain-damaged, (not just 40% of us....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.