Monday, June 7, 2010

Seventh Day Of Regression


All's Well That Ends Well
Well, yesterday I took the advice of a guy who walked me a mile to an Exxon station, while telling me along the way that I would make "a killing" playing my guitar there. He was going to "work" the opposite end of the building, panhandling.
We got to the station and he immediately asked me to loan him money for a beer. I reluctantly did so, after cautioning him that it was against my policy to spend money before making any.
He wanted me to go in and make the purchase. I later found out that this was so he could perpetuate a ruse.
We took our spots. I started playing songs. The manager came out and walked over to his end. She then walked over to me and told me that I had to leave, because I was accepting money from people. "That guy over there is just waiting for a ride," she added, referring to my new friend.
As I was leaving and walked past him, he was hitting a guy up for 2 dollars. I made sure that I got my dollar back from him.
I then went to the ramp, across the street from the swank hotel. I made about 4 bucks, then noticed that the TVs in the bottom floor of the swank hotel were tuned to the Celtics game, which looked like it was just ready to tip off.
I went and sat in front of one of them. Before security could come and bother me, a guy named Chris, who is in town to train to be an AT&T sales rep, joined me to watch the game, him pulling for the Celtics, also. Security could only look on and wring their hands.
He bought me a hamburger and a beer and we watched the whole game.
I am running out of money, though. This morning I was run off of my ramp for the first time. Some cops will let you play, others won't.
I may hop a train out of here with a hobo, who is doing so on Saturday and going to West Palm Beach, Florida. I don't know yet.
Still No Message From Karrie
I still haven't heard from Karrie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.