Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mere Coincidence?


Photobucket
 Fiona waiting "forever" to be uploaded
 Adam's Apple
I was looking for Tori Amos music, and I found a CD of her's in the rack here at the library. Right behind it lurked none other than Fiona Apple.
The temptation was too much for me, and I have bitten into her music.
Another coincidence occurred  the other day, when I searched and found Reba McEntire's CD, after hearing her perform and wanting to hear more. I also wanted to hear Tori Amos, after seeing her referenced in a book that I am reading about "How To Write Songs On The Guitar."
I found works by each and also discovered that they are almost twins, sharing the same grin, for one thing.
<><>
Is she grinning because she looks like Reba?
Is she grinning because she looks like Tori?
I am having trouble loading photos, because the library is re-wiring the computers for "Wi-Fi," but I still have posted pictures which illustrate this phenomenon. They are taking "forever" to upload
Strings And Things
Lest I dally too long and not be able to put new strings on my guitar, I must shorten this post. I had so much more planned, but I have a busy schedule. Thank God I don't have a home to have to worry about, on top of everything else!
Last night, I broke 2 strings within less than a minutes time. I am going to attribute this to the seamless regularity of my playing style and the consistency in the way I even the dynamics of the music out, so that each string gets the same treatment, and they wear out within seconds of each other. This could also have been coincidence number three.
Neil Young Type Of "Mastery"
I am working on a Bob Dylan style song, and have much of it complete. I want a harmonica in the worst way, with the neck-strap contraption, so that I can add it to the performance. (Maybe I will get one for my birthday, next Tuesday. I will be old enough to have lived one year in each of the contiguous states in the country, geography buffs.) The song will be hilarious with the harmonica added, I have no doubts about it, but I have slight apprehensions about the amount of time required to sufficiently master the harmonica. I am not talking about Blues Traveller type of mastery, rather, Neil Young type of "mastery."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.