Friday, July 22, 2011

Well, Blow Me Down!

Tornado Relief
Plans are falling into place to go to Joplin, to help people find their car keys in piles of debris, which used to be their dwellings.
John The Street Preacher said that the town can be a metaphor for starting from scratch, and, as I help put the city back together, I can work upon rebuilding my life, which has been blown down by a tornado in a figurative sense.
John was quick to add that there are a number of organizations on the scene, providing food and clothing and other sundries, to the volunteers, as well as the victims. It could be a good place to start over in. I have as much faith in John's advice as in anyone elses. A little more, given that he is a preacher.
I have located the check from the jail in Bay Minette, which was sent to an address which does not exist. It is going to be returned to the last address which it was at, the Marshall's Office, downtown.

Needs A Tambourine Track, Or Somethin'

I had been leaning towards getting a digital audio recorder, yesterday. I figured that I could record ideas and songs, plus play rhythms to practice over. I could load the music up to my facebook somehow.
Now, I am having my doubts, because the digital recorders that I looked at have no overdubbing capabilities. That means I could only record solo, no rhythm nor lead, nor extra voices. That takes away a lot of creative potential, especially to one who likes harmony, and adding sound effects, like I do.
Maybe if I can make some money in Joplin, I can get the full blown studio. From there, the conquering of the music market will be academic.
I go now to look at things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.