Friday, August 12, 2011

Up On My Reading

...as good as any other planet I might stick here...
The Last Week; And This Past Week 
I walked the aisles of the library, realising that there are many subjects which I have an interest in, and which I would like to study.
I want to read the biographies of a lot of people, survey art, study more books on music, chess, drawing and even card tricks.
I also wish to brush up upon books about writing comedy, and writing for publication, and I want to learn more about how to start a business online, how to market my songs and writings etc.
Maybe the self-help section could yield a book on "How to get everything done which you want to do and learn everything necessary for making sense out of the world at least for a fleeting moment, before passing on."
I sure would like to read all the classics, as well as stay abreast of all the monthly and weekly magazines, and in essence, make myself into a Jeopardy contestant to be reckoned with....
Someday, I'll get back to studying computer programming languages and scripts and will be able to give this blog a shot in the arm and fancy it up, to include my songs and videos, too.
This is a normal psychological reaction to an impending move, I find. It is similar to the phenomenon that I saw when I was in school as a kid and the summer vacation was winding down with only a matter of days remaining before the next school year commenced.
It was then that I almost always wanted to start some massive project, like putting a 2,500 piece jigsaw puzzle together, or learning to play a Chopin piece on the piano.
This is an "avoidance" type of thing, there is probably a name for it in psychology books which I would know if I was up on my reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.