Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Looking Ahead

I could be that guy in the middle, if I play my cards right. Soon after the January 9th BCS Championship game to be played at the Superdome, I will be free to roam the country. This photo was taken from the garlic capitol of the world, which everyone knows is Gilroy, California. It is near where I plan to try to settle down, start a new life and campaign vigorously to become Garlic King.

A Major Investment

The guy behind them is not a musician, but rather a
guard in charge of chasing after anyone who grabs
the tip basket and tries to make off with it...
Looking ahead, it is Wednesday.
The priority today is personal hygeine and that means that, after I leave here, I must take the bus out to where I stashed my extra clothing and my heavy stuff, which I saw no immediate use for nor purpose in carrying around for the 12 miles that I walk on average each day.
I plan upon grabbing the clothes, which have probably gotten damp, and bringing them to the laundromat where Little Richard recorded "Tuity Fruity," where I will wash, dry and fold and then lament the piddly bits of money that I am making on the street which turns the funding of doing laundry into a major investment.
Howard wants me to pick him up a can of cheese "that you spray," propelled by aerosol, I guess, while I am out by the Family Dollar, which is near the railyard.
I might get an all day bus pass for 3 bucks, so I will be able to, at me leisure, talk to some of the railyard workers and ask them questions pertaining to trains which go west.

3 comments:

  1. What kind of guitar is the lady in the photo playing? I've seen it here several times, but I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you look at the link I showed you? You've got friendly trains there, but cross-country, hopping trains sucks ass. You need to hitch, or get ahold of a Greyhound ticket somehow.

    I've actually got a job now, which is pretty weird. I'm just starting up one day a week, which is probably enough, considering today, my first day, I found a "the emperor has no clothes" magnitude problem with the circuit boards which are monster things with 17 layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lee The guitar is the same color and material as Tonya's violin, probably made by the same company, but I don't know what it is; I'm almost hesitant to ask Tonya because the less people that know that there is a $6,000 violin sitting right on the street, the better. If you google poly carbon fiber instruments, you might get somewhere, or "rainproof violins"
    @Alex I'll look for the link in my comments or in older e-mails; trainhopping can become very physical, especially when you get dropped 10 miles from where you really want to go and are tempted to put your thumb out, which you then realise you could have done, back in New Orleans..I worked on curcuit boards out of early 80's systems; big as one of those freezers that you lift the lid to get in, and boasting 256 kilobytes of random access memory; plenty enough for all your monocrome running apps :)

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.