Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pork Ribs, Forks And Bibs

We're going to grill tonight!!
Last night, it was cold.
I went into town and was accosted by a young gentleman, who was accompanied by a young lady and another guy, who asked "Can I play your guitar?"
I said "I don't know; can you play any guitar?"
He said that he had been playing for 16 years.
I said "Then, you can probably play my guitar."
I had all the new strings on, and it was about 40 degrees out. I took my guitar out and spent what seemed like forever, tuning it.
By the time I had gotten it tuned, the young lady's cab had come and the young gentleman had suddenly lost all interest in playing my guitar.
I tried to play and my fingers were sluggish. I thought about cancelling the whole evening, but, I tried again in a different spot and actually warmed up so that I was playing at my highest level, in the 39 degree air.
I might have made 10 bucks and probably should have stuck around (it was 1 a.m.) for another hour, but went to the store for a beer, then returned.
I went to the acoustically superior spot and maybe made another 3 bucks. I suppose that isn't bad on such a cold night; whatever.
Food
Food was the priority of the day. In the morning, I had been at Save-A-Lot, and they had a bunch of apple pies that were destined for the dumpster. They told me that they had a lot of food going to the dumpster, so much that it was "ridiculous."
I waited until after dark, and slid under the gate, which allows not obese person in. (If you can squeeze through, you need to squeeze through, is how one of the managers put it). I was then in the Save-Even-More.
I got a bunch of pork ribs and sausage type kilbasas and such; things that the pedestrian homeless guy would leave there, thinking that he had no way to cook them.
I have a way. Tonight, Howard and I will be in the Church Street Gravetyard, barbequing all kinds of food, using a section of the wrought iron fence which protects Elizabeth William's grave (died July 29, 1839) as a grill. Don't worry, I'll return the section to its rightful spot before Liz's spirit escapes.

1 comment:

  1. Barbecue yay! And a lot of those sausages will keep just fine once you give 'em a good cookin' then wrap in paper.

    Nice of the dead lady to provide you a grill! Just be sure to clean it good so no one finds out.

    I need to try to get you a goody box before Xmas, actually before the 20th, but I'm not sure I'll be able to now.

    Homeless buddy of mine, Laz777, is doing well in Nevada, if you can get there, but then you have pals in Tucson, that's full of "snowbirds", people who vacation down there in the winter and they like to spend.

    I find myself broke or near it now, tho' I must admit, my new pellet gun shoots like a dream! A real tack-driver! I bet I could qualify for Nationals with the thing. Pests beware! But meanwhile, I gotta sell some stuff or it'll be a moneyless Xmas.... I'm pretty sure it was Phineas T. Freakears, Fat Freddy, or Freewheelin' Franklin who never said, "Pellet guns will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no pellet guns".

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.