Friday, January 13, 2012

E-Mail Me Music

I checked my inbox for music this morning. There was none. The mail must be running slow.
Elvis Costello, Beatles, Grateful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic, Barry Manillow; I don't care.
The Framework Of The System
I have a theoretical 10 more days to "kill" in New Orleans. I don't like those two words in the same sentence.
The issue to resolve in my mind is basically; would there be any difference between going to court, getting fined and then never paying the fine as opposed to never even showing up for court.
My intuition tells me that failure to even go in front of a judge shows cowardice, a disreguard for the judicial system, an almost daring of the officers to apprehend you, refusal to take responsibility for one's actions, and possibly a "guilty" conscious.
Going to court,  getting fined and then failing to pay, could be ascribed to all sorts of factors coming into play, such as clerical errors and other hardships beyond the control of the poor guy who had taken responsibility for his actions, admitted his guilt and was working within the framework of the system.

The sleeping spot, under the sign which reads Downtown New Orleans Welcomes You! is going to be interpreted as a smartass attempt at sarcasm by an eventual cop, who will not see humor in it.
Last evening a man came out of the apartment building across the street and gave Howard a quilt. "He just walked over and asked me if I wanted a blanket," said Howard.
This was good, in that it shows that no more than everyone except one guy are against us sleeping there, out of all those in the apartment building across the street.
The quilt was bad, in the sense that, as opposed to Philipina, whom I was convinced was not there until I was within feet of her, I could see Howard from the corner of Canal and Basin Streets (both literally and figuratively). It's a nice quilt. It even has some kind of metallic guilding sewn in a brocaded pattern, the kind of material that reflects headlights really well.
Cave Man Guru
I saw caveman guru again. He rode up to me on his bike; a heavy framed Beach Cruiser with one gear. He seemed to be in the same friendly spirits and once again invited me to visit, shower, crash, do yoga, meditate upon the feminine Godess, surender myself to her and serve her as a dog, and stuff.
This morning, when I was flexing my knees and stretching out my muscles, I wondered if I may have been hearing the call of the Cave Man Guru....come stretch and breath and connect with yourself by relinquishing yourself....

2 comments:

  1. You're not required to judge yourself on the standards of a nice suburban guy with a house, an SUV, a white picket fence, a lovely wife, and 2.4 children. To put it frankly, you're a homeless guy who drinks Earthquake for breakfast. I think they keep ticketing you, and then being astounded that you haven't gotten the message and skipped town. I'm sure half of the beer-for-breakfast brigade can't remember that they have a court date at all, and yet the Earth continues to revolve.

    They're not going to extradite you all the way from Texas or New Mexico or California for a stupid loitering ticket. I'm sure they fall off the rolls after a few years, maybe in as little as a year or six months.

    They're just writing the things to try to chase your bummy ass out of town, you're gumming up their gears by being freakishly normal and sticking around and paying them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel: I emailed you some Grateful Dead, but im thinking maybe your email cant handle large files.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.