Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Focus Upon Repetition

Gosh, the shaker was out of time which I recorded yesterday...am starting to think something funny happens when they are converted to mp3 and then sent to the free hosting site...so, I removed it....
Liquid Nails Solidified
Well then, no shaker this morning, just a jam on Sugar Magnolia and Going Down The Road, on the restored Jasmine.
The Liquid Nails seems to have finally coagulated and the guitar feels and plays a lot more solid.
This is about as good as the Jasmine can sound...
I have figured out that setting the "decay" factor on the compressor in Audacity produces the strange effect of letting the sound of the pick hitting the strings through, but squashes down the ensuing notes ringing; i.e. the sound heard on the recording above, where it sounds over percussive. I learned this too late to fix it, but will in the future...
I am focusing on playing riffs repetitively -the same way each time, and keeping my little solos in strict time; so that other parts would be easier to add in the future, should the need arise to add things like vocals...
I find that my mind drifts when I have to repeat the same phrase exactly, but, that is a big part of what rhythm guitar is all about...
I have the short-term goal of getting the Samsung laptop some kind of power adapter, so that I can charge its battery and then find some ultra quiet place to record that has good acoustics and then record using battery power.
Some place like an abandoned castle.                     
I have the long-term goal of having all my songs sound like this; One of my all-time favorite songs from an obscure album..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.