Saturday, December 15, 2012

Accumulation Continues

I left the library while the sun was still up, Friday afternoon (yesterday).
I walked down Canal Street to The Unique Boutique and bought two cans of Hurricane Lager, which I added salt to and drank behind The Hotel Montdeleon, to fulfull the first leg of my routine.
I then drifted; looking for a spot to play at.
I found one, but not before walking through Jackson Square and encountering a man who was willing to sell me a 20 dollar sack of weed, which was the size of a strawberry. He let me sample the product by passing me a blunt (strawberry flavored?) but would not drop his asking price to the 15 single bills that I happened to have in my pocket, along with the 20 dollar bill which the Lidgleys had sent in their parcel.
I had qualms about redeeming that bill for just a sack of weed, feeling that I had waited all year (since last Christmas) for it and so I went off and found a spot on Decatur Street, one that I had never played at before.
It soon became apparent that the weed was probably worth the asking price of 20 dollars; as; I soon had no idea where I was; but I was playing well enough to net 21 dollars in a period of time that I perceived to be about 3 hours, but which turned out to be only 1 hour.
The owner of the store next to which I sat came out and offered me a piece of cake at one point. I couldn't help thinking that he might have been infested with traveling kid gutter punk types and was happy to hear real music for a change.
Chomping On The Bit
Well, I have added a third bit to my stand up comedy routine:
"I was walking past the mules stationed by Jackson Square and was a little disappointed to see that none of the drivers was a lady; but I still couldn't resist approaching one of the guys standing there by his mule, waiting for a group of tourists to come along and pay 15 dollars per head to have the mule pull them around on a tour of the Quarter.
I stopped and looked at the animal, and then turned to the guy and said quite plainly: "You have a nice ass, sir....Yeah, I really like your ass...*then I stepped towards the animal and asked* Do you mind if I touch your ass?"
Yeah, I always do that when I walk past the square..."
I will probably post the second bit; if I can somehow render it in print the way I want it to sound live, but time is short, because I'm on the librarys computer.
No Stick
I slept at the Vietnam memorial, about 200 yards downfield from the memorial which Howard sleeps under, but not before discovering that my 8 gigabyte data traveller, which I had submerged in a bed of mulch next to a succulent plant was no longer there. Somebody must have watched me hide it and then swooped in to steal it. There is no way that anyone would think to dig at random in that spot.
I woke up with $34.90 more than I had the previous morning.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, might shorten it to: Whenever I walk past the mules lined up by Jackson Square, I can't resist walking over by bone and asking the guy "Mind if I pat your ass?"

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.