Monday, March 4, 2013

The Good And The Bad And The Ambiguous

Music
I am at the library; where I have just discovered that I can take audio CDs from their vast collection and "rip" them onto the Samsungs hard drive; and in a pretty good quality format (.flac); and this is good news because now it will be childs play for me to learn new songs; and different songs (than what one might expect me to be playing..."Starfish And Coffee," by Prince, for example).
Clothing
I woke up at 6:30; after sleeping less than 5 hours (my clock said: 1:30 a.m. when I covered up in blankets and began to read a couple chapters of "Judging Time," by Leslie Glass. The book so far is "Just OK."
I decided that less than 5 hours of sleep is just not enough to begin the day with a trip to The Rebuild Center, to try to get my laundry done.
My clothes will just have to be dirty for one more day; this is bad.
The temperature is finally up near 70 degrees after 3 days of cold. This is good for putting clothes on damp and letting them dry as you walk around.
I am down to 30 cents in change; this is bad.
I lost 5 dollars last night, somewhere along Bourbon Street when I pulled a pouch of tobacco out of the same pocket that it was in; that was bad.
Toys
I have also discovered that the USB cable, which was the wrong size for my Obama phone, I can still use to hook my mp3 player to a computer, to charge it and to load music onto it; this is good.
I also learned from a Radio Shack guy that; even though my phone is obsolete and I would have to search the world for the right cable in order to take my pictures and videos off of the phone to use on this blog.
I can circumvent the whole problem by getting a tiny little memory chip to stick into the phone; load the pictures onto it and then transfer them to this laptop by using the memory stick; this is good.
I have brand new strings on the guitar; this is good.
Work
It is Monday and I am broke; which is bad; but I am not stressing out too much.
My biggest worry is that I will play the heck out of the brand new strings for the benefit of very few; and put a lot of wear on them; but only net myself a small amount of money.
I will have to go into that mode where I idle way down when there is nobody about; and then increase intensity as people approach; this is just OK.
There are enough people who walk Canal Street past where I have been starting to play more often; and they are from the expensive hotels; but I might have to be patient with them and play all the way up until the wee hours of the morning; to catch them on their way BACK to the hotels; after they have had their "sessions" on Bourbon Street, and when they are hearing me for the second time that evening.
I could even play early (6-8) and then take a break and come back later (11-2 a.m.) and they might be none-the-wiser and think that I was putting in an 8 hour day (like every American is conditioned to do beginning the moment they set foot in a kinder garden classroom) and might throw me a good tip. This would be good.
It is March 4th and all I have to show for the month is a new set of strings. This is bad.
Travel
I have to go to court on Wednesday to get another extension on my fine payment. This is just OK. I might be able to have my case transferred over to "homeless court," where they will try to pair me with Unity or some organization to help me off the street, while dismissing my fine at the same time. This would be good.
Then I could travel and know that I could return without any legal issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.