Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Strings, Check.
Yesterday, I left the library; after getting some Prince and Elvis Costello music "ripped" onto my laptop.
I went right to Bourbon Street, where I made 5 bucks; took a break and then went back there and made a couple more in change; and then I tried another obscure spot; which produced nothing and gives me the feeling that some people might only tip musicians to show the people around them that they have money to spare.
This other obscure spot was only encountered by stragglers; I was playing well, so that is an end in itself.
Cafe Du Monde
It was a Monday night the last time I played in front of Cafe Du Monde.
Last night, the place was packed. It was so crowded that the noise from the crowd all but drowned me out; but I played and made another 5 bucks.
I went and got some food and went back across the river and fell asleep listening to Elvis Costello; luckily, my laptop hibernated along with me...
Food, Check.
I woke up well aware that I had eaten stuff the night before that makes me shudder to think about.
My right arm was aching from the pinched nerve in my neck that the gland that swells up when I consume soy oil presses upon.
I drank some apple juice and coffee and listened to Prince music; powered by battery.
Laundry, Check.
Walking through the ferry terminal, my thoughts were upon my clothes and my desire to wash the stains out of especially the jeans. 
It is only sesame oil and actually made me more fragrant right after the mishap, but it stained and the stains didn't come out the last time I washed them. 
I was thinking about some kind of Oxi Clean, but then remembered that Dawn dish washing liquid; in addition to being less than 2 bucks for a small bottle seems to take care of stains.
A black girl, who was working at a booth giving directions and selling tickets for certain tours, gave me 10 dollars and told me to get "something to eat;" and that she hated to see people living outdoors.
I guess the stained clothes gave me away. 
How Sweet It Is That I Found The Jerry Garcia Songbook...
I decided to use the money to do laundry instead of getting something to eat as she intended would be its use. When she sees me in cleaner clothes, she will think that I look less homeless and she will hate less to see me.
So, now I am at the Clothes Spin, watching my clothes spin and basking in the resonance of Fats Domino and Little Richard.
I am listening to "Punch The Clock," by Elvis Costello.
which has a lot of horns on it and when I first heard it as a kid, I wasn't sure I liked the sound of horns. 
Now I live in NOLA and hear horns everywhere...
Then, The Library...
I am at the library, ripping Stevie Wonders "Inner Visions" (from 1973) onto my drive, as well as some Bach, and some Tal Farlow (the jazz guitarist).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.