Tuesday, August 6, 2013

It Is Tuesday Morning...

  • To The Rail Yard
  • Parting Shots

Weather
New Orleans is like a very small bathroom after you just got out of the shower and there is a heavy steam hanging in the air and all you can see in the mirror is a skin colored fog; and there is a hair dryer blowing full blast just laying there on a towel atop the toilet bowl tank; add to that a guy walking around wearing a bra and a skirt; and you've basically got the atmosphere...
Going Away Photos

Below right? should be Sam from the Unique Boutique...
He has extended me credit upon beer before on days when I was starting out with less than the dollar cost of the beer. He is talking to Leslie in the blueish gray shirt whose credit is less than stellar with Sam. Sam is such a big-shot that he will walk up to people who are in a long line at the counter and, after looking over what they are holding in their arms will say "Give me 15 dollars; bye have nice night" and then will just hold the monies in his pocket. He is the guy to know at the Unique Boutique; and; doesn't he look the part; I mean, exactly...

To the left if it lines up correctly or above otherwise, is the skeezer that I fought taken at a distance; because I didn't want to get him started again.
If looking at him offended him, then taking his picture might have been worth a thousand slights...
Time To Go
No use crying over spilled milk and the fact that, by not leaving last night, I will be leaving with less money in my pocket...
My confidence in my ability to break out the guitar and make some cash actually increases when I leave New Orleans...
In fact, were I to wind up in Jacksonville, Florida, I think I could make enough money to go by bus to Boston...
So, the next time I post, it should be from a different location...

3 comments:

  1. So, you'll be bummin' it in Boston. OK while the weather's still friendly. Then, either hitch back down to NOLA or get yerself thrown in jail for the cold months, I guess.

    What's up with Tanya and Dorise and you? It seemed like you were getting to be pretty good friends with them, then they started playing at the place indoors, and you got the cold shoulder for being bummy-looking, but are T and D just playing inside now? It seemed like both of them were concerned about how you were doing, and now they've put up the "Teflon wall"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya is in Mexico City; Dorise in Connecticut; they don't talk to each other much; and they seem to have put Royal Street out of sight and mind, for now, including the Daniels of the world..though Tanya sent me a message appoligising for not having had Internet for a week..must have been in some remote villa getting away from it all...they are going to play this weekend (9th of August)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. It's like ... they've been a fixture in NOLA for what, years? Then they split up, go their separate ways? I guess bands do this, it's just kind of surprising.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.