Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Already

It was Monday morning, when I woke up with about 20 bucks in my pocket after having made about that much the day before; but having a full pack of cigarettes, an energy drink, some bud, and brand spanking new strings on the Yamaha...plus 200 dollars onto the food card.
I did my laundry this morning, here in Algiers. I washed my sleeping bag and a heavy sweatshirt which seems like a white elephant here in the 95 degree heat and humidity.
My next step is to check upon the laptop hidden amongst the rocks underneath the wharf, see that it is still there and has been protected by the plastic bag wrapped around it (i.e. that the river never rose high enough to completely submerge the thing) and then to get a bus ticket out to the "Gentilly" part of the city; where I will stock up on things at the nearby Dollar General (such as sardines and liquids) and then it will be off to the rail yard...
There is only a small chance that I will busk tonight.
It would be hard to imagine making money faster than I would spend it and being in better shape financially the next day...
I am hoping that a conductor will tell me about a train which is bound for Atlanta.
I want to try to see my old girlfriend, Karrie, whose last known whereabouts I gleaned from a Google search which yielded a mug shot of her from that particular local jail.

1 comment:

  1. Now, if you can get yourself thrown *into* the jail, you'll be with Kerrie again, right? Isn't that how it works?

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.