Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Monday Rained Out

  • 8th Alcohol-less Day Commences
  • Minus 30 Dollar Monday
  • Hair Raising Concerns
Can I borrow your comb??
Not having drank in 8 days has probably been the biggest blessing of the 6 day juice fast and cleanse, which is still ending in stages.
Friday night, I mixed in honey and apple cider vinegar and molasses and cayenne pepper, then had oatmeal Sunday morning.
Monday, I bought roasted peanuts and raisins, during my stint in the quarter, braving rains which were heavy at times.
The peanuts seemed to cause a bit of eczema to flare up, accompanied by a slight tension headache around the temples and in the back of the neck.
It would be a revelation to discover that peanuts are an allergen for me. Symptoms usually don't appear until 8 to 12 hours after I eat an offending food, and this might be how peanuts could have slipped under the radar.
Plus, I have usually consumed peanuts along with beer, and the alcohol would have subdued the reaction, like an antihistimine.
This (Monday) morning, I put the peanuts up on the rat remote shelf, where they will sit for now, as I continue with the limited diet that I am on.
After feeling great for a while, I may give them another try, to see if they make my skin itch and leave red blotches where I scratch too hard...
My Hair
Is hopelessly dread locked. I have been told by a professional hair stylist that it must be cut off and I must "start again." (bald -the way I came into the world).
I am procrastinating. It wouldn't make sense to pay a professional 20 dollars just to hack it off, like I could do with a sharp pair of 3 dollar scissors.
We ARE hiring for the position of Customer Service Rep., yes, sir!!

3 comments:

  1. I just got a haircut today and as always it was $9 and as usual the lady Vietnamese barber was delighted when I rounded it up to $10. Vietnamese barbers are the shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lady Brazilian dentist who did a root canal and I never felt any pain..
    I don't want a haircut yet, but might pay 9 dollars to have an Asian lady play with my hair for a half hour, right off Canal Street aamof (as a matter of fact)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Viet lady barbers are pretty damn cool. I wonder though if you took one of those metal combs they use for cats and just worry at it, if you might get it un-dreaded. Then pony up $100+ for proper cornrows.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.