Friday, September 8, 2017

I Apply For A Job

It's something I haven't done since 2008.
In 2008, I had put in 11 applications around the Mandarin section of Jacksonville, Fl.
2 of the called me, and I interviewed with one guy who told me at the end of it: "Well, the guy who does the hiring won't be here 'til Friday..."
And that was the end of my search for a real job, my hopes of ever getting a paycheck having been snuffed out like a candle.
I had ridden up on a bicycle with a backpack on; and the business operators had probably seen me around Mandarin; even seen me busking...
One smart ass Indian store owner asked me; "Why don't you get a job?"
To which I told him that I could work there.
"No, we know you as a homeless guy; we couldn't hire you," he said.
His reasoning was that, if money came up missing, there would be no home to send the police to, or something....
I have applied to work at the Uxi Duxi kratom bar and only time will tell now....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.