Monday, April 23, 2018

A Time To Work

  • 24 Dollar Saturday
  • Sunday Off
  • Monday Right Back Out There

"Light Emanating From My Body / Bongo"
I slapped this video together after I saw Bongo getting off the street car across the way and was able to capture him walking past. More verses and a bridge are forthcoming. I kind of want this one to sound like the theme from Gunsmoke, but to be about a cross-dressing hairstylist who has a deceased dog in his freezer, rather than whatever Gunsmoke was about.

It is Monday night, the sun is setting.

I had grabbed all my gear, thinking that I would do a shot of kratom at the Uxi Duxi and then go to the Bayou Saint John Park to shoot another outdoor video, but it was pretty breezy when I stepped outside, something that I had forgotten to consider.

Then, I got to the Uxi to learn that they had gone up on their prices. A $3.25 shot is now $4.25. This is about a 30% increase.

It reminds me of the kid with a lemonade stand who charges one cent a glass and at some point has to raise his price to keep pace with the cost of living.

He is faced with the choice of either doubling his price to 2 cents, or making his glasses smaller.

What he would probably settle upon would be to go up to 2 cents, but make the glasses 50% bigger...

So, as darkness falls outside, I am down to less than 2 dollars, after having made 24 dollars Saturday night in 90 minutes, using the brand new Epiphone guitar.

I can hear that the Takamine will be a slightly better sounding instrument, once I get it fixed. Also, though, Bobby gave me the receipt along with it, and even suggested that I might want to "trade up" at some point.

There was a used Ibanez for about 200 bucks that is every bit as good as the Takamine.

Again, I will feel much better once I'm at the Lilly Pad and the first dollar goes into my basket. I got a free set of Martin strings with the Epiphone, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.