Monday, August 31, 2026

4 Wheels, Good: 2 Wheels, Bad

Street Musician Daniel

Monday, August 31, 2026

A sequence of  catastrophes and opportunities.


Yesterday, I rode  the electric bike all the way to the Starbucks on Harrison Street.

About a 3  mile ride, but like going to another country.

Just as Joni  Mitchel said: "you don't know what you've got, 'til it's gone."

I felt a  kind of kindred sentiment of: You don't realize what a crappy neighborhood you live in, until you visit a nice one.


There were actual  families milling about on Harrison Street, by the Starbucks. Strollers being pushed by actual women, not men pretending to be, with actual babies in them as cargo, not lapdogs.

It had been  about 7 years since I'd gone to that Starbucks, and I was happy to see it still there, with its red line painted about 11 feet high across one of its walls, to indicate how high the water had gotten during "Katrina."

And the store  was staffed by normal looking people, not an all-LGBTQ-of-color (with maybe a white woman, but only if she's a lesbian) crew at the Harrison Street location.

You have just read 175 words

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, to me are like deflated balloons with notes tied to them, found on my back porch in the morning...