Saturday, August 22, 2026

Just A Phone Call Away

Street Musician Daniel

Saturday, August 22, 2026

So it is  Saturday, maybe there's a football game on..




I would only have  to call Assurance Wireless, then wait 3-5 days for a free replacement phone.

Or, I could  go give the T-Mobile guy almost $200 and walk out scrolling...

Then, I can  list the electric bike on Marketplace at $325.

If a person  is sensible and rides it like a power-assisted thing,  it's possible, I find, to get around using just about half  the pressure on the pedals of a normal bike to get the same speed.

As you start to pedal, the motor kicks in at a certain speed, and by pedaling some, you can go a little faster. 

But, if you just sit  there and turn the throttle, expecting the bike to "do everything,"  and then if you expect to go 34 mph everywhere, doing nothing; you would age the bike a lot faster..  I kinda wish the guy I bought if from hadn't been bragging about how he "almost hit 40 mph" on it -ostensibly as evidence of it being a good bike...but not for long wit you riding it, I couldn't help thinking... 

Alternatively, one could  go into the settings and flip it to a setting that turns moped into motorcycle in the eyes of the law, helmet required and probably tickets for going through red lights; one of the best perks of cycling, in my opinion...

I warmed up,  excuse me, heated up on the guitar outside the bar around 6:30 p.m. The thermometer said: 91℉...

An hour before  sundown, and I am sweating out some toxins while trying to take in no more. It's hard for me to get away with a honey bun out of the machine in the middle of the night, these days. Though, I could lay some blame on the flavored beer and the pasta I had with melted orange cheese. If I'm going to go off the "keto" diet," I thought, why not make it as decadent as possible, hot sauce included, type of thing.

I should have  written this in the 74℉ apartment then ferried it to the wifi connection outside the 91℉ Holy Ground Pub.

I guess an  alternative plan would be to ride the electric bike to the Shell station, feeling the breeze on me; getting a cold drink while allowing the sun to go down, along with the Dos Equis lager, and the air to cool to about 88℉.

Then, resuming here,  drunk and ranting about the Shell station, or something.

You have just read 347 words

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, to me are like deflated balloons with notes tied to them, found on my back porch in the morning...