Monday, October 15, 2018

Totally Wet

Hello, from the Uxi Duxi, it is Monday night...
Sunday afternoon (yesterday) I became aware of the sounds of stones being thrown by Jacob Scardino, hitting my window.

My phone had been off and Jake and his friend, Kevin Bape had decided to stone mail me, in an attempt to see if I wanted to jam again at the house of Bob, the guardian of Jacob.

I was in a pickle. It was the classic dilemna of, should I devote myself to the creation of a piece of music, jamming with capable musicians who are equal to the task of keeping up with ol' Daniel, and the prospect seemed promising...

Then, there was ol' Howard Westra, on the other side of the river, by his TV, upon which was to appear the game between the Patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs. A big game.
But, also an opportunity to perpetuate what has become an actual "routine" between Howard and I.

I really felt that the solidity of our friendship was teetering on the brink, whereby, had I failed to show up at his place on a night when the Patriots are being broadcast world-wide he might see the break in that particular routine as just that, a break in our routine.

This would be huge for Howard. Has my love of the New England Patriots deteriorated, or is it that I have finally bored of the well educated and good heart ed Dutchman?

But, I chose the visit to Howard over the jamming with Jake and Kevin, and the Patriots won and I think Howard appreciates the string of games that I have shown up for whenever the Patriots were "on TV" and the predictability of our interaction based upon that.

The previous time that I had been there, to watch the dismal defeat at the hands of the Detroit Lions, Howard has said something about wanting to connect a fire stick to his tablet and be able to watch, I guess, movies.

He also loves a certain law show set in Boston and has purchased the entire series of them.
We will just have to deem ourselves as being capable of producing at will, anything that we might have played that night -he and Kevin went and played and recorded, anyways, and the Patriots won and...
14 Dollars Found On Ground After Having Watched Football With Howard
Then I went and found 14 dollars laying on the ground, after deciding that I would ride past the Lilly Pad once, to see what it looked like on a Sunday night turning Monday soon....that is cool because the five is one of the keys that is missing on my laptop that I'm still not complaining about because it was less than two hundred dollars and is just missing a few keys, so it was laying on the sidewalk, the 14 dollars a couple blocks off Canal Street near Toulouse....

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to sit down and write it out on a piece of paper if necessary, and total up the amount of music you've made with Howard, and the amount of music you've made with Jacob. Then factor in the amount of music it seems you might potentially make with Howard in the future, and the amount of music you might potentially make with Jacob. Any sort of units will do; songs, CDs, hours of busking time, number of agents of major acts that will be jumping to sign you up....

    Then, after totting all of this up, factor in whether you think the best future path is as a musician or as a semi-professional watcher of football (and eater of potato chips and drinker of beer).

    Because you *can* get a "crazy check" and just sit and watch football for a living, you know.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.