Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Price Of Stardom

I'm going to give up on guessing the source of the comment left the other day, but it is someone like Thomas Antione, ()or one of his friends, who hang out at a bar in Mobile, which is one that kicked me out after I had been released from the federal prison in Bay Minette, Alabama, with my charges having been dropped.

Sacred Heart Jam

I guess the big news is that Jacob and I did indeed jam at the apartment last night, beginning at around 11 PM and going until about 2 in the morning.
The phone did not ring only once, an indication of one of neighbors complaining, and we were able to knock out recordings of some of my songs that are becoming familiar to Jacob, who might have a phonographic memory when it comes to sounds.
Plus we did a lot of off the cuff jamming.
One cool thing was that we had two microphones recording simultaneously, so that if I were to move closer to one of them, I could add a vocal part, while Jacob would be singing a back up part close to the other microphone.
There were times when we went off on tangents and were singing about entirely different things into our respective microphones; they weren't amplified so we sounded off in the distance to each other.
Through the magic of digital audio there is a world of possibilities in that 2 hour plus recording.
We had at our disposal my Takamine acoustic guitar, which Jacob started out playing.
I grabbed either the snare drum, the vodka bottle half full of water to be hit with a piece of wood or metal, or the harmonica case half full of pop corn kernels in order to add percussion and initially sang while Jacob played the guitar.
Jacob worked on a song that he is in the process of writing, while I sang, initially about Harold the cat to which I had thrown the remainder of the catnip.."I've got some catnip, come have some catnip, Harold..."
This sort of had the effect of my having composed a melody over the chord thing that Jacob is writing that reminds me of "Wheel In The Sky," by Journey whenever he starts plucking it..
We did a "killer" version of "David Adam Murray," a song I wrote when in Jacksonville about a roommate of mine who "had to die."
That had been my first attempt at writing "death metal" and the song was originally crunched out on an electric guitar played through a "Rat" distortion pedal.
We switched to me playing the guitar with Jacob on the snare drum, chimes and background vocals, and a pretty good version of another of my songs "Elise" resulted.

Since it is raining out; this would be a good night to mix down and maybe come up with another Soundcloud offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.