Sunday, June 23, 2019

8 Days To Outlive Michelle

Well, here we go using a new text editor, a "hackable" editor, as it is called by the makers of it.
It is named "Atom" and already, I have noticed that when I type a quote mark, the editor supplies the closing one (I guess, so I won't forget to close the quotes) and it just did the same for the parentheses.
I have been spending some time mixing music, and learning more about the process of it in the process.

Friday night, I went out and made 24 bucks in about an hour and twenty minutes, helped by a 20 dollar bill from one guy who had to get my attention, for I hadn't even really glimpsed him standing in front of me, as my head was down and, if my eyes were open, they hadn't been registering anything.

"This is a twenty," he said, probably realizing that I would want to hide it.

I took it out of the basket and replaced it with a one dollar bill, so the basket would look just as full to any tourists of the type who tip because they can see that others have.

I am starting to think seriously about making a trip to New England to see family and friends.

Michelle Maxfield

My fourth grade girlfriend died, I was notified of, along with learning of the bizarre coincidence that she was the cousin of one of my random Facebook friends. I recognized the name.

She was 8 days younger than me.

Goodwill Hunting

I went to the Goodwill Store, after I had given Sampson at the Unique Grocery the five dollars for the Vuse Alto vaporizer that he gave me, minus the charger.
He will give me the charger the next time I see him, I hope.
 
I was in a very good mood when I got to the Goodwill Store. Life was good, in general, and I went in to look at books and CDs and whatever other surprises might lurk in that place.

As I walked towards the back, I got my first stony faced frown from a black man who was coming down the aisle in the opposite direction, who did the thing, very common here in black people, of not yielding an inch in order to let me pass. He was going to just plow straight ahead; the white man could move to avoid him.

One time, when this happened in the past, I just stopped where I was, which forced him to have to go around me, or run smack into me. That time, the guy had begrudgingly gone around me, but not without clipping me on the arm with his shopping cart.

I think the black people lay claim to the Goodwill Store as one of their own weapons in their fight for "equality-" a way for them to keep up with the Joneses (who are white) by getting things at bargain prices, with the world not knowing that they didn't pay full price for it, and that they don't really "have it like that."

The only reason they have to shop there is because of the unfairness of the white run world, and to see a white guy, who has had all the advantages, in there trying to steal a bargain right out from under a black man; well, it's just not right...

This is the only sense I can make out of the tendency towards this kind of behavior in black people at the Goodwill Store.

It's not exactly like the Wal Mart in Gretna, where I was often the only white person that I saw in the store. There, I would be pestered by children running around with no shirts on and deciding that they were going to bounce the ball that they found in the toy section mostly just around my feet, before leaving it somewhere in the store where it doesn't belong.

But, then, I went back to the book rack which runs about 50 feet along the back wall of the store.

I wasn't there long before I felt the presence of another black man, who had the more yellowish appearance of, say, a Tiger Woods who caught my attention because, out of the corner of my eye, I could see his approach over my shoulder, and he had walked straight towards me, as if he expected me to move a little bit to let him pass.

Then, as I focused upon the spines of the books, he wound up a few feet down from me, and began to talk. He was reading book titles out loud, and making little asides, from what I could hear.

But, I wanted to scan the whole 50 feet as fast as I could, so I intensified my perusing, stepping a little closer to the rack and, still ignoring Tiger Woods.
Then, as I looked at the titles, the book shelf began to quiver. The guy had taken hold of it and was shaking the entire book rack. Just for fun, apparently.

After I was satisfied that I hadn't missed any gems, I started to walk away.

I looked towards the guy, if for no other reason than to communicate that I hadn't been intentionally ignoring him, just busy shopping.

I was met with a stare right out of a boxing ring, from when the referee is having them butt their mitts before the opening bell, and telling them to have "a clean fight," and they are just staring at each other like, well, like the guy in the Goodwill Store who looked kind of like Tiger Woods.

If I hadn't been watching a lot of Eckhart Tolle videos and meditating, I just might have left that store with a chip on my shoulder which I might have carried with me all night, turning me into just one more stony faced, pissed at the universe pedestrian, here in Ignore-leans, Louisiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.