Friday, August 16, 2019

Loading...

I had started writing Wednesday morning, about 48 hours ago, and finished only a couple paragraphs.
Despite having plenty of Yellow Borneo kratom, and a mango, green tea, ginger and honey, I have not output work commensurate with that.
Part of the problem is the incredible laziness which keeps me from leaving my apartment with my laptop and keyboard and walking probably 200 feet to the computer lab, and then plugging into their ethernet connector and loading stuff up onto Souncloud and then linking it to this blog.
I learned last month, after burning a third of my monthly data loading the song "Jo, Look at My New Shirt," along with the cover photo of Hitler's troops marching up the street past a couple young girls in bathing suits.

The reason I put that photo on the thing was as an experiment to see if I would get a million hits on the song.
Because I read about how mothers were putting videos of their kids playing in a sandbox or on a waterslide on Youtube only to see them garner hits in the millions, while maybe another one right beside it on her channel, one of herself teaching how to make a birdhouse out of Popsicle sticks, only got 11 hits..

It was, apparently traced to pedophiles, the running of the hit count into the millions. So, I decided to create the picture as a cover for the song, to see if I would at least get a thousand hits from pedophiles, especially ones in boring places like Pakistan, who might think that the girls lip sync along with the song or something, and that maybe at 2:43, they both (inexplicably) do the splits

But, no. The song has 5 listens and I know at least one of those was my friend Jacob.

My latest work just isn't going to get posted unless I walk down to the computer lab soon, before fatigue takes me.

A good amount of people out, as I wake up at almost 11 PM and try to shake off the cobwebs and go out to play for at least a couple hours.
I fear that the road will be dug up around where I play, though. That doesn't show in the webcam shot, 2 blocks away...

2 comments:

  1. That web cam thing is neat, but if that's actually Bourbon Street, where are the street performers? I never see any there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have to plug your computer into some speakers and crank the volume up to 8 while you watch it to understand why there are rarely any ukulele players; but, even the ones who attempt it by standing right in front of people (and doing things like dirty limericks set to 3 chords -things that don't require a quiet auditorium to "work" on people) have to knock off at 8 PM, per some curfew that they will enforce shortly thereafter. Shortly because they have to go through there every 10 minutes or so...but, you might see a big bosom-ed gal with a banjo and a dog raking it in up until 8 PM; the blocks adjacent to the one shown on the camera would be preferable though to those "high ambient volume" performers

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.