Sunday, February 16, 2020

6 Days Sober

  • 24 Dollar Rained Out Saturday Night
  • Jacob Loses His Virginity


Jacob's mom didn't raise no virgin!
This was almost going to be a post about backsliding.

I was in the Big Easy Fresh Market, a store that just opened down the street in direct competition with the Ideal Market, with both being run by all Hispanic crews.
I was in line for the register, with a fruit salad and a couple avocados, and a small bottle of Sangria.

Jacob and I had only made 4 bucks the previous night, which sent us shivering off after only about a hour.

As the line advanced so that I was to be next, I went and put the Sangria back.

I had taken a quick inventory upon "what I have to feel good about and be thankful for" and my 5 days of sobriety seemed to top the list.

Jacob was on his way to my apartment, and had promised to bring kratom.

We were to bundle up a lot more warmly and go out to busk that night, but would be limited by rain, this time, to only playing about an hour again.

We waited about 15 minutes for the rain to stop before just hopping on our bikes and trudging through it. It was still raining when we got back to Sacred Heart, 2 and half miles away, and so I think we made the right choice in getting out of there around 1 AM.
The rain wouldn't eventually stop until around 3 AM, and by then, we would have been resuming playing for only those who hadn't called it a night because of the rain.

I predicted better things for tonight (Sunday) as it is warmer and not raining and people who had ducked inside some place to avoid the rain last night might take the opportunity to walk down as far as Lafitt's, where we play.

Jacob and I split 24 bucks last night, bolstered by one 20 dollar bill from a lady named Kelli (yes, with an "i").
She made up for the fact that a couple other guys were hanging out and, bless their hearts, probably would have tipped us if they had a dime to their names.

One of them was Alexander DeSantiago (?) the artist guy, who started the "human embracement" movement, which has something to do with embracing the humanity within ourselves, or is a club for people who use words that are not real words, like "embracement," and whose name I got wrong here at least one time (Alex in California commented: "I Googled everywhere and there is no such artist; is he another one of your imaginary blog characters?").

He was cool, but more drunk than I have ever seen him.

Another penniless guy from Mobile, Alabama was hanging around, blocking the tip jar along with Alexander, and eventually bringing rain...

Jacob No Longer A Virgin At 21

In other news, Jacob lost his virginity last night. In a motel off Old Gentilly road, with a girl named Kelli, with and "i."

More on that later, but, the girl was leaving town the next (to)day, and had insisted that Jacob ejaculate inside of her.

I told Jacob that she probably just wanted to return home to Mississippi with a baby, kind of like a souvenir, I guess.
I just hope she doesn't come back here with the results of a paternity test a year from now and inform Jacob that he is the proud father of 18 years of pending child support payments, out of his busking earnings, of course...

1 comment:

  1. https://blog.immortalartist.com/2016/11/theft.html be sure to read through to the end - the guy's a loose cannon.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.