Monday, April 13, 2020

"I Don't Know"

As the sun came up on this Monday morning, and rose to almost its zenith, I woke up and looked at my clock to see what is becoming the familiar time of about 11:40 AM.

This gives me 20 minutes, ostensibly, to run over to the community food bank that is open on Mondays and Wednesdays, lately, from, according to their sign, 9 AM thru 12 PM.

Last Wednesday, I woke up at 11:38 AM, and ran over there to find that they had packed up and left, taking their coolers and tables with them.

This, I saw as a blessing in disguise, as, another battery of their gumbo and red beans and rice which is made with love, albeit, soybean oil, was probably going to kick my immune system into allergy mode.

Plus, I was still able to take about 75 Red Delicious apples that people had removed from their packages and left on the table in the lobby.

There is no better time than a crisis like this to embark upon a juice fast, and now I have copious amounts of apples, and a juicer.

The more cravings and appetites and addictions I can tame over the next month or so, the better.

Then, I thought about the online application that I put in at Rouses Market (dot com) and decided, after having gone to the food bank to find them not there again and having grabbed another 20 apples or so, that I will now ride my bike up to Rouses Market and ask to speak to the manager, bringing to his attention the fact that I live just 7 minutes away by bicycle, and that I am available to work any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.