Sunday, January 10, 2021

Kratom Close Call

 I can go ahead and post something here in good faith that the pictures that have disappeared from this blog when I visit it are due to the VPN that my neighbor has on his router.

I just got back from walking to the store for a 3 ounce bag of kratom, a Holy Roller "Hazy Juicy" IPA ale, and a nicotine vape. I forgot to pick up a can of cat food. I blame the cashier who sometimes has an attitude, which makes me have to be vigilant about not setting him off (by choosing one thing, like a certain flavor of vape, and then changing my mind -that seems to send him into fits and give him a headache, according to him) just so I can get my stuff before he might want to kick me out. So, instead of thinking of everything, to include Harold, I was distracted.

Wayne gave me the password to his router a long time ago, and my laptop seems to remember it and automatically connect; but, lately only with the limited access to the web.

No Facebook or Youtube or Soundcloud...but I could post to this blog.

Except now I can't see any pictures here. I found a similar problem in the help section of Blogger; and the solution had to do with VPN settings.

I would just ask my neighbor about it, but he's been kind of evasive on the subject of the wi-fi, ever since I installed the tor browser, in order to surf the deep dark web, which I think caused his router's kill switch to come on (which is possible if his equipment was indeed given to him by Apple in order for him to do his job primarily, and is thus rigged up so that it won't accept tor connections...

Maybe because the most likely path a hacker would take towards getting into Wayne's computer that the Apple people gave him, and which connects to the database of Apple customer's accounts, would be through the tor anonymous browser.

For a few months, I couldn't connect to it at all, and was buying data through my phone and using it as a hotspot. Then, it suddenly came back on, but with very limited access to the web...

I just went to the Assurance Wireless site to try to buy more data (my unemployment benefits are back online, finally) and their website is down for repairs, and they are "making important updates to better serve you."

In the meantime I am getting only the news that comes over the free antenna TV in my room; in between commercials featuring Joe Nammath trying to sell health care insurance. Joe lives about 2 miles from here, I've heard...

There is finally money on my unemployment card, after a lapse of about 2 weeks. I don't know anyone who isn't in my situation who could have just gone 2 weeks without whatever they were getting. It would have taken a person shrewd enough to plan ahead, who was miserly with the money, even when getting 300 bucks here and there, apparently without rhyme or reason.

That's why I was hesitant about buying my speaker system and contemplating other purchases. Now, I might be fine until at least the summer. 

It has been a very cold mid 40's here lately. Enough to give me a slight headache when walking to the market a mile away at such a point when my head has chilled faster than the rest of my body, I surmise. But then I wind up peeling layers off after walking around the 72 degree market.

We are supposed to boycott Rouses Market now, because one of the co-owners was seen at the rally at the Capitol Building, even though he said that he left before it had turned violent.

Now there is a push for all of us to only patronize black owned businesses; no white ones at all. This means me, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.