Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Your Fix Comes First



I have dallied a bit too long watching videos, and now I can't go out because they are about to render the verdict in that cop kneeling on a guy's neck incident in Minnesota...

I don't want to be near any people of color if the cop guy gets acquitted; because about three quarters of "them" believe they are supposed to physically assault the nearest white person in this event.

I'm glad I live in New Orleans, which is is pretty good at keeping its violence contained to a few areas that are fixtures in the crime reports every day.


The enclave that I find myself in, namely "Mid Town," is a heavily Latino area; and thus, peace, harmony, barbecues and Corona abound (not so much the Covid type) and there is a strong gay presence here, and so tolerance is at least given lip service.

And about 55% of the population is on drugs, to to point that it interferes with what might be a normal life of "protesting," rioting and looting. Getting their fix has to come first...

The biggest blow to Mid Town actually arrived with the commissioning of the Sacred Heart school building in its midst, as The Sacred Heart Apartments in its midst. There went the neighborhood, to the tune of bums suddenly encroaching upon the patrons of the corner bar, and lawn ornaments needing to be bolted down somehow.

I wasn't sure what I was going to get at the store. I only drank 2 beers yesterday, and hadn't even realized that until I was going to sleep.
But, I can almost taste a good IPA now.
I had better tune in somewhere to see what the verdict was, before I decide to go towards Broad Avenue. I might want to stay here in Mid Town, if the guy got a fair shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.