Sunday, May 19, 2024

A New Beginning

 The Artist's Way


First thing in the morning; every morning; one must complete "the Morning Papers." This is non negotiable, say's Julie Cameron, the author of this book which Jacob ordered through Elizabeth, the lady in building C who has 3 cats, and who materialized about a half year ago, and has been basically feeding Harold, my cat since not long after materializing.
Elizabeth reads a lot, and has borrowed several of my books. She orders from the Chewy™ pet supply company and, every month arrives a giant box of cat food and treats and toys, made even larger now that it also contains stuff for Harold.
"I know it's hard to make money out there as a magician (sic), and so I'm gonna order you some food and stuff for Harold," she said, shortly after making my acquaintance.
I was a devoted adherent to The Law of Attraction at the time and so it seemed par for the course for this lady to suddenly materialize in apartment C 305 and to notice that I had a cat and that I was a "magician" who went into the Quarter and busked with a guitar and harmonica; magically, one might infer; and who would start showing up at my door with large packages of cat litter, food and the occasional toy for my cat, Harold.

The easiest way for me to boil down my relationship with the Law of Attraction, would be to say that I thank God for having created the possibility of all my needs being met and me living happily ever after, type of thing...
As the feeling of gratitude wells up in me, out of the blue comes an Elizabeth figure bringing 24 can packs of food and enough litter that I can change Harold's box every third day or so.
I had half a mind to believe that there had been no such thing as kratom before I brought it into existence through the Law. Wouldn't it be amazing to have such a powder that does (what kratom does for me)? 
By dint of my gratitude solely for the possibility; it manifested one night. I had never heard of the stuff and I believe that, with its appearance came its complete history, and people's memories were just revised and overwritten with the knowledge of it being a plant that grows in Asia, related to the coffee tree, and having its specific "medicinal" type properties. Nobody ever suspected that there was a time when there was no such thing as it...

It's sort of a "Back To The Future" type concept, in that there are people in Asia who can tell you how they have been kratom farmers their whole lives and can recount stories and even point to their house as having been paid for out of the money they made farming kratom, maybe even show you pictures of themselves at a much younger age cutting kratom stalks and smiling, maybe working alongside someone whom they eventually married and had kids with -kids who would tell you that their dad has been a kratom farmer his whole life, etc.
And if you were to ask: "So, all this just "poof!" came into existence out of thin air, and encyclopedias were magically edited to include an entry in the "K" volume about this particular plant?" 
And my answer would be: "No, it was always there; it just didn't exist in this consciousness until I observed it..." type of thing.
So, I have started reading the Artist's Way book and had only done a few of the morning papers exercises when I got some kind of confirmation from the universe that I was on the right path when a couple that Jacob knows had their 3rd baby and named him Xavian.
Jacob asked me if we could, while recording our busking session, put together a little song of some sort saying "Welcome to the world, Xavian." 
But I kept singing Xander instead of Xavian, with the latter name refusing to stick in my brain. Not to worry about that, though. Out of the blue the couple changed their minds and decided to name the kid...wait for it....Cameron; though his middle name isn't Julia.*
*But pretty darned close, kiddo!

 The "Morning Papers" are just 3 pages of stream of consciousness longhand writing that needs to be spat out with no revisions nor proofreading into notebooks that you never go back and read.ᵀ
ᵀBut, what if I think the Morning Papers represent my best writing; even better than what I put in this blog? I wondered. And shortly after wondering that I flipped ahead a few pages to where Julia say's that you can go back and re-read them in 8 weeks or so (and even convert them into screenplays or a James Joyce-ian novel).
With the instruction to do the things "first thing in the morning" came my realization that I might have to stop staying awake for 3 days at a time because, in that instance, it's hard to determine when the first thing in the morning should occur.
A major reset with the instantiation of a strict and implacable routine seems to be in order for me...

Up at 7, doing the writing, then the Wim Hof deep breathing; then the morning meditation with Joe Dispenza, then a jog and 20 minutes of exercise, then yoga, then "trigger point" acupressure on myself, then an hour of practicing scales and exercises on the guitar, etc. etc. all the way up to leaving here at 1:30 PM to go into the Quarter to busk until such a time that will have me home and in bed in time to wake up at 7 AM the next morning....
Where am I going to find time to drink and do drugs??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.