Thursday, April 19, 2012

All Written Out

I woke up flat broke, but
found a few pennies on the ground, which had fallen out of my pocket some other time.
I went to the convenience store to busk, but didn't hurry over there. I felt a sense of resignation, almost a giving up; an apathy.
I thought I sounded good. I started out with "Dock Of The Bay," by Otis Redding, which has the lines:
Preview from upcoming post (it's quartz)
I've got nothing to live for; looks like nothin's gonna come my way..
....which I was able to sing with some sincerity, and I think someone would have thrown me a tip, if they had any extra money. I really think that they were that broke. Maybe they hadn't even found any pennies like I had...
I kept at it, and soon had about 3 bucks, from about 11 until 12 in the morning.
I decided to stay "through lunch." The convenience store has some really good specials on chicken wings and things like that (I think you can get three wings, plus one free for $2.99 -check it out when you're in Baton Rouge)
I was happy to have made my bus fare to go downtown tomorrow (Friday) night, thought it would mean sacrificing cigarettes and beer.
Then, I made another few dollars, before these two brothers came along and were shooting a video of me. They wound up throwing me about 7 dollars, which is the amount that I had been repeatedly making each morning, in total, playing at that spot.
I then came to this library and put about 4 hours into the Flashback Friday feature, working on Chapter 4.
Chapter 3 comes out at 1 a.m. tomorrow (Friday) morning....
I'm pretty much all "written out" now

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am partial to the picture of the bowling lanes. I bowled in that same tournament in Baton Rouge 6 or 7 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be very surprised if this posts, it appears I can't post to my blog any more so that's that. The death of the Internet is piece by piece, bit by bit, a steady decay ....

    I suspect the same may be happening to you also, so just take care of yourself wherever you end up.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.