Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Skinny Tuesday

As for it being Tuesday, it is.
I slept until about 7:30 a.m., when I got up and determined that my immediate goal was to go to Rebuild Center to take a hot shower and wash out a couple pair of jeans at the same time.
I accomplished that goal and am now drying one damp pair on my body; as I walk around in the 70 degree air; with the other pair dangling from my backpack; gutter punk style.
Rebuild Center
Howard was there. (He looks a lot better today than he did a couple days ago)
"Don't bother on Fridays; it's just a ham sandwich; but from Monday through Thursday; their lunch is pretty good," he said.
Howards Slashes Budget
So, now Howard who gets money each month depositied into his retirement account (enough so that he could float himself an apartment; especially at some "Senior Center" type of place; where the rents have been tailored to the fixed amounts that retirees receive; Howard, who could be sitting on his own little balconey with his coffee and his newspaper each morning; and who could run inside and slide the glass door shut behind him in the event of an approaching rain squall; and could thus keep himself and his books dry; but who instead, chooses to live the way we do; has apparently cut yet another corner and is coming out another 75 bucks ahead each month; by having slashed the $3.99 fried chicken dinner from Brothers Market, out of his budget, alowing him to accumulate more money; which he will eventually leave to his daughter as part of the disbursement of his estate.
There are no more parades scheduled until this coming Friday (ham sandwich day at Rebuild), when there will be 4 of them; including the "Daughters of Eve" parade (right). And, as my time is short; I suppose I will go and possibly play a bit and think about if I want to do the comedy thing at House of Blues tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.