Wednesday, August 14, 2013

7:36 And Counting...

I have just been on Facebook, responding to things and reading other things and answering thing for all but the final 7 minutes of my free session here at the library
.A Purple Shirt
The first thing that I did, after waking up with 175 dollars in my pocket was, I went to CVS and bought a brand new t-shirt; I chose purple as the color.
I was planning upon finding Tanya and Dorise and telling them about the Great Tip and letting them put their minds to the task of envisioning a better life for me through my investing of the Great Tip.
They were not playing anywhere that Sunday and I realized that I was on my own and that the decision would have to be mine...unless I could get one of them on the phone...

Dorise Gives Me A Harmonica
Dorise gave me a harmonica.
One He Never Got...
It was 2 days after getting the 175 dollar tip, and I was down to 150 bucks, partly because I hardly made any money throughout the 2 days after getting the 175 dollar tip.
I had called Dorise, since I was to come within a few blocks of her house on my ways to and from Webbs Bywater Music Store, on my quest for a harmonica.
I also thought it was a good idea to tell Dorise that I had landed another huge tip, as she seems to be very resourceful, and I wanted to hear her suggestions as to how I might have utilized the money, in a way that was going to help me professionally.
Well, after I said that I was thinking about adding a harmonica and neck harness, she said: "I think I have a harmonica and a neck thing..."
I showed up at her house after having been told by Paul at Webbs Bywater Music Store that harmonicas were just not something that he dealt in; and after not seeing anything laying around his store which looked like something that would increase my income.
After a search which took place in one of the back rooms of the house, she emerged with a harp.
"It's an F harp," she said; immediately setting my brain into a frantic search for any songs which I knew in the key of B flat, which would be the appropriate key to play the bluesy sounding "cross harp" stuff.
I gratefully accepted the F harp, brand new and in the box. "I used to get them for Grandpa Elliot, and I guess I never gave him this one," she said.
I had thought about trying to call Tanya to see if she would take me to Guitar Center, but then realized that I would just have been trying to impress her with my 175 dollar tip...
I Take To The New Harp Like A Fish To Water, But It Is Very Slow In The Quarter And I Hardly Make Anything The Past Two Days
I bought 2 sets of new strings, a capo, and a neck harness to hold the harp and played the past two nights. I was happy with my sound, which ricocheted off of condos and down an empty street for most of the past two nights.
I still have about 50 bucks left and have razors and clean clothes and a good guitar sound and am supposed to be leaving tonight on the train, and just might; should I conclude that now is the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.