Thursday, August 31, 2017

Fixing Everything

Guitar Fixed
I was able to wind the 3rd string of the guitar "backwards," or counterclockwise, and tighten it up to the "correct" pitch of G.
It is ready to go; sounds great with new strings on it, and now all I want to do tonight (Wednesday) is practice a bit on the harmonica, breaking it in in the process, and studying the Harmonica Method book that Alex In California sent me about a year ago now, I think.
By memorizing the notes on it, I'll be able to fake my way through any piece of music that I know the underlying chords to.
Laptop Not Fixed
Work on my CD has been put on hold until I solve the "you need to load the kernel first" problem on the laptop.
I popped my old hard drive into the thing, and that is why I'm using it now. But the Thinkpad "thinks" that it's a Toshiba Satellite when it boots up, and makes me feel like I am back in 2015.
It is a wonderland of glitches.
The Thinkpad's wider screen makes everyone in any photo look wide and fat, for example.

Audacity Ready?

Well, after running an update on the Windows 8 that the Thinkpad is now running, I am able to do a lot more with it; most importantly, the Audacity now recognizes the Snowball microphone, and so I am ready to go with recording music, in my environment that I can now make quiet by shutting the valve off on my air conditioner. I haven't gotten any complaints by neighbors, so I don't think I'm shutting water circulation off to the whole building.
As it sits now, I am flat broke. I could have gone to donate plasma, but I really felt a little weak still from the last time. Rose and Ed will pay me back 40 bucks as soon as they wake up tomorrow, and then I can go sell my plasma for another 30 bucks, after having one more day of recovery from Tuesday's bleeding.
And, I can go out and busk, as soon as I finish typing this and take the trolley back to the apartment on the all day pass that expires at 10:44 PM, and hopefully at least repeat last (Wednesday) night's feat of making 9 bucks in about an hour of playing.
The brand new Susuki Harpmaster sounds amazing.
I was able to break it in slowly, as there were hardly any tourists out, with the hurricane still looming in the area. I'm sure a lot of people have postponed trips to here, since the storm can turn on a dime and still hit us.
Using the old hard drive makes me feel like I am back in 2015, because all of the songs I recorded back then are sitting on the desktop, along with photos, etc.
I wasn't too disgusted with recordings I made over a year ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.