Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Dismal Tuesday Night With A Ray Of Hope, Or Two

I played Tuesday night and got a can of cat food and the bus fare to Gretna to sell my plasma, out of it.
I try to block glare in photo of new hat while barfly pesters Erin
This I did, after oversleeping the trip to one of the food banks on the Sacred Heart van at around 11 in the morning.

Do I subconsciously not want to bring the foods into my apartment which the self-help dialogues that I am hypnotizing myself with, are telling me are "dead" and terrible foods?

I will say that, although the dialogues seem to have had the effect of making me stay in at night and work on things other than busking, the have also had the effect of making me, when I do go out to busk, recall more songs that I have once played, but which had kind of fallen, not out of my memory, but off of the tip of my tongue, at least.

Tuesday night, I was only making $3.50 off of scattered groups of tourists, who seemed to be pretty broke, if the fact that they weren't holding any expensive drinks, nor scarfing down any expensive food was any indication. They were like customers "just looking," if I've ever seen them. But, I was able to reclaim the song "A Day In The Life," by The Beatles from a place in my mind where it had had been put in the wrong file, or something.

So, now, I go back to my prune juice and my apple juice and my self-help dialogues for the night.

I at least got the fifteen bucks from selling plasma to go with the $3.52 that I made last night. It is raining lightly now. There is a 100% chance that it would be, according to my phone.


1 comment:

  1. I've actually found, at swap meets, that a light rain can make sales go like crazy.

    I've also played cornet in a light drizzle and didn't do so well, although mitigating factors were not knowing the good places to play and instead playing in lousy ones, and also being pretty shitty sounding. That still got me about $7 an hour.

    I dunno how your guitar deals with a light rain; you might want to situate things so it looks like you're getting wet but really aren't ...

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.