Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Rule Number One

Post frequently; even if it's just a short post to let your readers know that the blog is still being actively maintained.

Post frequently, or your readers will lose interest,
maybe not all six of them, but some might...

I encountered problems uploading the B side to Harold the Cat's single, which I had intended to link here in mp3 format -since mp3 offers "acceptable" sound quality.

It is probably splitting cat hairs on my part to be concerned with the sound quality of my stuff, since, only cats can hear the frequencies that might be attenuated in mp3 format. And, there is a refrigerator and a toilet that needs to have its handle jiggled way in the background, anyways.

I ran out of everything, sort of.

Going to Howard Westra's house to watch football Sunday night and then having to skeeze the dollar and twenty-five cents for the bus ride home, left me waking up kind of depressed Monday.

The Patriots lost the game, and I think Howard's coffee has chicory root in it, as I felt kind of bound up, like my intestines were full of sand -heavy but with no nutritional value, type of thing.

So, I did not go out to busk Monday night, choosing instead to embark upon yet another juice/water fast and cleanse.

I drank prune juice, and stayed in.

The self hypnosis tapes that I am trying to use religiously, may be causing me to choose not to go out and busk, for some subconscious reasons.

Maybe when I get to the second half of the book where "positive affirmations" are used, I will discover a wealth of new-found energy for busking.

Maybe working "smart" rather than "hard" might have me borrowing an amplifier from my friend Jacob and playing real loud on Canal Street to make decent money playing whatever, or maybe even working out a way for Jacob and I both to busk at the Lilly Pad....

1 comment:

  1. Yep one way to keep readers is to post daily or nearly daily, no matter what.

    But the main thing, I think, that has readers looking for busking blogs (you get to pick one of three on the entire Earth!) is, lots of people fantasize about being buskers, just saying "to hell with it all" and taking their guitar etc on the road.

    This is why books like "Down And Out In Paris And London" by George Orwell are perennial best-sellers.

    There's even a movie, called "Once", about a busker. I haven't seen it but it did fairly well.

    So people really want the nuts and bolts, but not necessarily the nuts and bolts of Harold's eating and toilet habits, or the nuts and bolts of your eczema, but the nuts and bolts of your busking there at the Lily Pad, because that's where they fantasize themselves being.

    Even observations of other buskers (what's their game, how much does it pay? How's they land out there on the street, was it voluntary or did they lose everything in the Crash? etc.) are good.

    ReplyDelete

Only rude and disrespectful comments will be replied to rudely and disrespectfully. Personal attacks will be replied to in kind, with the goal of providing satisfaction to the attacker.